Critique Muscle Up

Started by DHDAD, September 8, 2014 · 3 Replies · 1,097 Views

DHDAD

I'm fairly new at these as yesterday was my first time doing more than one since I finally figured out the false grip as well as how to control the descent. After seeing myself in the video it looks like I have an issue fully extending elbows at the bottom with the false grip. While doing them I thought I extended as far as I could but apparently still some bend in elbows, does turning your hands out at the bottom help? I've just read about that.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwcYWXtOPNU&feature=youtu.be

Pafke

Try to use chalk, i also cant hang with false grip without chalk. Do full range of motion dip and than do support at the top with open elbows and rings turned out (shearch to see how perfect ring support should look). And dont kip in transition. :)

DHDAD
Paf said:

Try to use chalk, i also cant hang with false grip without chalk. Do full range of motion dip and than do support at the top with open elbows and rings turned out (shearch to see how perfect ring support should look). And dont kip in transition. :)

Is this what you mean by full range of motion dip where at the top elbows come in and hands turn out? Crazy in almost every ring dip video I found on Youtube nobody does this? Is that because Crossfit dips don't include that step? Most vids on Youtube these days are definitely CF related.

 

My question was more about the bottom range of this complete motion, should I turn rings out there too?

 

http://gymnasticswod.com/content/dip-rings

Vincearoo

Not fully extending at the bottom with a false grip can also be in part to having tight forearms. I did a lot of lacrosse ball work on them and that solved my problem.

Also, as stated above, each rep of a muscle up needs to be completed with elbows locked and rings turned out.