This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Formcheck SLS/PE1 iM Skiers & HB/PE1 & iM

Started by Hanlim Lee, September 8, 2014 · 4 Replies · 134 Views

Hanlim Lee

SLS/PE1 iM Skiers

 

I don't know if i'm doing it okay. Is it correct if I feel a little bit of stretch at the side of my glutes? 

 

 

 

HB/PE1 & iM

 

- when I do push ups, should my scapulars pinch at the bottom? 

 

and my PPT should be maintained? 

 

- Where should I fix my eyes while doing push ups?

TANSTAAFL

Skiers look good, maybe slow um down a hair.

For the push ups you want to have your shoulders coming down to your hands/hands right under shoulders at the bottom. You are almost doing PPPu with your angle. You seem to be standing too upright, get a little more horizontal. Yes PPT should be there always. Pinching is ok, just try to focus on protraction(the opposite of pinching) even though you won't physically be able to keep it the whole ROM.

The iM focus on keeping the core stationary, i.e. don't rotate at the hips/upper body. Keep the shoulders square and just moving the arms at the shoulders and elbow. Visualize a wall directly in front of you and behind and you're wedged in.

Hanlim Lee
TANSTAAFL said:

Skiers look good, maybe slow um down a hair.

For the push ups you want to have your shoulders coming down to your hands/hands right under shoulders at the bottom. You are almost doing PPPu with your angle. You seem to be standing too upright, get a little more horizontal. Yes PPT should be there always. Pinching is ok, just try to focus on protraction(the opposite of pinching) even though you won't physically be able to keep it the whole ROM.

The iM focus on keeping the core stationary, i.e. don't rotate at the hips/upper body. Keep the shoulders square and just moving the arms at the shoulders and elbow. Visualize a wall directly in front of you and behind and you're wedged in.

 

I think your are right about that I'm standing too upright.

 

- But, TAANSTAAFL, when I watch the demo video of incline push up, the bar and his hands are at anticardium at the bottom, which makes shoulders clearly be in front of hands. 

 

- What is PPPu?

 

- in the demo video, his shoulders didn't seem to retract or protract at all.

Should I retract at the bottom and protract at the top as hard as I can or just a bit? 

Rayne-William

A PPPu is a Pseudo Planche Pushup (see HBP/PE3)

 

Other than everything Taanstaafl has stated, the only thing I would say is keep your head and neck in a neutral position while doing your push ups.

TANSTAAFL

You might be fine with the hand position once you adjust your angle. Not a big thing at this level. You want to aim for protraction the whole way through. You won't be able to maintain it at the bottom, but just keep it in mind as it will help later elements.