how to start?

Started by AvivHalevy, September 8, 2014 · 9 Replies · 3,546 Views

AvivHalevy

Hi everyone,

I just back to train after injury in my forearms.. and I want to know how to start again because I dont want to get injury again... ( I had a golf elbow in my left arm and Tennis elbow on right arm) 

How to get stronger my wrist my forearms? do I need to workout on muscle ups in this situation?

 

for example I train now:

5 set of 10 sec hold XR support 

5 set of front lever hold few second to back lever.. max rounds like that each set.

 

and that all for now.. I try to avoid pull ups for now because of my injury but I notice I didnt lose strange at all the only this I need to get stronger is my elbow,wirst and lil biceps (in a static hold).

so what do u suggest to do in this situation?

Alexander Egebak

On this forum we believe that one should master foundations before moving on to rings, injuries tells you that you are not yet ready for what you are doing.

 

As of lately specific advice on routine like threads are not to be handed out. Instead, either search for the kilroy template or buy this site's programs.

RyanC
AvivHalevy said:

Hi everyone,

I just back to train after injury in my forearms.. and I want to know how to start again because I dont want to get injury again... ( I had a golf elbow in my left arm and Tennis elbow on right arm) 

How to get stronger my wrist my forearms? do I need to workout on muscle ups in this situation?

 

for example I train now:

5 set of 10 sec hold XR support 

5 set of front lever hold few second to back lever.. max rounds like that each set.

                                                                   //

It sounds like you need to rehab and then prehab. Essentially restore strength and then build on the strength. To strengthen your tendons you can hold your chin at the bar for 60s holds in over and undergrip. Begin Negative pullups and be sure to do your wrist pushups. I was unaware of this policy to not help people with general advice. Gymnastics is rough on your forearms. I don't even train forearms and i have all these striations and definition in them. Also stay of the rings for a bit and strengthen your regular support. By a bit i mean about a solid month of L holds, Pullups, Neg Pullups, Skin the cats, paralette pushups, PPP and things like these. I used to be in a race to go faster and skip things. Now i'm in a race to be complete and overly prepared for the next level. With rings there are about 30 levels. So no need to rush. :)

AvivHalevy
RyanC said:

 

AvivHalevy said:

Hi everyone,

I just back to train after injury in my forearms.. and I want to know how to start again because I dont want to get injury again... ( I had a golf elbow in my left arm and Tennis elbow on right arm) 

How to get stronger my wrist my forearms? do I need to workout on muscle ups in this situation?

 

for example I train now:

5 set of 10 sec hold XR support 

5 set of front lever hold few second to back lever.. max rounds like that each set.

                                                                   //

It sounds like you need to rehab and then prehab. Essentially restore strength and then build on the strength. To strengthen your tendons you can hold your chin at the bar for 60s holds in over and undergrip. Begin Negative pullups and be sure to do your wrist pushups. I was unaware of this policy to not help people with general advice. Gymnastics is rough on your forearms. I don't even train forearms and i have all these striations and definition in them. Also stay of the rings for a bit and strengthen your regular support. By a bit i mean about a solid month of L holds, Pullups, Neg Pullups, Skin the cats, paralette pushups, PPP and things like these. I used to be in a race to go faster and skip things. Now i'm in a race to be complete and overly prepared for the next level. With rings there are about 30 levels. So no need to rush. :)

 

Tnx a lot for the help :)

one more question

 

http://www.google.co.il/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.yvangelder.nl%2Ftestwp%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F05%2Fyuri1_danielle_k.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.yvangelder.nl%2F&h=1437&w=1920&tbnid=9RphppXw9G_0IM%3A&zoom=1&docid=j03cMBKJjIjMfM&hl=iw&ei=bfEVVNaXCcPhaKbtgaAC&tbm=isch&ved=0CF0QMyg4MDg&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=688&page=2&start=30&ndsp=29

 

 

 

what does he have on his hands? 

Pafke
Pafke
AvivHalevy said:

tnx and under the grip?

Wristband.

RyanC

He has on ring grips. Read: They only help you hold on to the rings. They do not make you stronger and do not make any strength element easier.

 

When doing swing and swing to strength elements you need a firm grip on the rings do to the g's that you are building. So if you progress to the point that you are doing Yamawakis and Gurghogy or however that is spelled then you should get some. Other than that you don't need them.

AvivHalevy
RyanC said:

He has on ring grips. Read: They only help you hold on to the rings. They do not make you stronger and do not make any strength element easier.

 

When doing swing and swing to strength elements you need a firm grip on the rings do to the g's that you are building. So if you progress to the point that you are doing Yamawakis and Gurghogy or however that is spelled then you should get some. Other than that you don't need them.

tnx bro :) 

AvivHalevy

one more question how they get their wrist and forearms stronger?