See the video below, which is my 5th set of PPP. It did become difficult on the later sets, and form probably degraded some. Let me know what you think.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by mat migs, September 7, 2014 · 8 Replies · 501 Views
See the video below, which is my 5th set of PPP. It did become difficult on the later sets, and form probably degraded some. Let me know what you think.
Maintain a posterior pelvic tilt through out the range of motion.
If you need to change the position of your hands, do so.
Gotcha, I will work on that. Thanks
In addition, more protraction.
Zach Armijo said:Your body is a mess. The whole movement is very segmented. Maintain everything tight. PPT, Hollow, engage lats with external rotation of arms or squeeze the floor together with your hands.
Maintain your lean the whole time. You are moving a good amount back each rep. Get your chest down more to the ground. It looks like you are driving your stomach down to complete the rep, which is also causing your lower back to arch coming back up...again, hollow and PPT.
Slow it down and make the necessary corrections.
Thanks for the feedback. I tried to make some adjustments. It still seems like I am moving backwards a little bit. Also not sure if my neck positioning is okay, i'll have to keep working at it.
I think you pike every so slightly when pushing up which makes it look like you are moving back a tad bit. Otherwise much much better.
The reason the pike happens is because it allows the body to move backward, which in turn increases leverage, making the PPP easier.
Make a fixing point for your toes and hands to be at so that you can keep yourself in place. Maybe you should do it on hard floor.
It seems like the more I work on these the less I can do. Every tweak seems to make them increasingly difficult.
I feel like its time for a form check. There are many subtle details to this movement and I find myself constantly changing my technique. I would like to get my form right and put in some repetitions to learn the proper movement. Any input would be appreciated.