This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Formcheck RC PE1 Hinge Row

Started by Hanlim Lee, September 7, 2014 · 1 Replies · 218 Views

Hanlim Lee

Hi, I uploaded so many formcheck videos. Thanks for the immediate reply. ^^

 

 

 

 

- There is no rings in my gym so I use TRX as alternative. Could this cause problem? 

 

- It's hard to know appropriate angle of the ring. Any standard?

Should strap and rings be vertical to my chest?

 

- In the demo video, the athlete points his toes outward. Why? What is it's function? 

 

- What kind of grip should I adopt? At  first I thought it was normal grip grabbing rings with palm but as I watch demo video again and again, I think the athlete uses false grip.

 

-When I go back from hinge to straight line position, my abs looses tightness and hips sag slightly. Is this a common problem? How can I fix it?

 

-When I hinge I over-pulling my head to the chest.  Is this a common problem? How can I fix it?

wheezer

If you eventually want to progress to ring-specific work, it's ideal to start training with rings as soon as possible. But it probably won't be much of a problem using the TRX with these row elements, as you will be building strength you can carry-over to rings pretty easily. By PE7, though, you'll want to get used to working with rings.

 

The first second of the video gives a good guide for strap angle. Sitting on your butt, reach up and grab the rings, the rings should be directly above your shoulders. From this point, when your butt is elevated your elbows will be slightly behind your shoulders. If you tend to row from the same anchor point regularly, having a guide for where to put your feet is even easier. You'll also get used to the feeling of the right placement as you go.

 

Not sure about toe pointing.

I would do whatever helps your feet stay in the same point (sliding feet is a common problem). :)

 

Use a normal palm wrap-over grip. Think of the movement in context, preparing for the rope climb. You will need lots of normal grip strength to support your body as you climb.

 

Hip-sagging and head-thrusting are pretty common. As you row, focus on keeping everything below-waist completely still for the entire exercise. Your legs and hips are constantly suspended in the same place by your arms, and your torso hinges around them. Also, focus on getting your navel and sternum upright, instead of your shoulders - this should stop the head over-pulling and may make the exercise easier.