This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Formcheck MN/PE1 Tuck Up & MN/PE1-iM Stiff Leg windmill

Started by Hanlim Lee, September 7, 2014 · 4 Replies · 179 Views

Hanlim Lee

#1 MN/PE1, Tuck Up


 


 


 


 


- It says 'Pull the knees all the way to the chest' but they actually never touch my chest.


 


I don't see the athlete touch his chest in the demo video. 


 


Should there be no space at all between my knees and chest? I think it is natural to have some.


 


-When do I start to pull my knees up? 


 


In the demo video, the athlete pull the knees when his arm was vertical to his chest.


 


But I'm not sure if I should lift my shoulders up first then pull my kness or I should fold both upper and lower body simultaneously? 


 


#2 MN/PE1-iM, Stiff Leg Windmill


 


 


 


- My feet are sometimes off the ground leaving only heels attached when I move my hips back. 


 


Is it okay? if not, any tips? 

TANSTAAFL

For tuck ups as long as your shoulders and feet leave the ground, come together, and end together you're good. The compression will get better with time, just focus on really pulling together at the top. When mastery rolls around you can post a vid and assess from there if you have enough.

 

I don't think the windmill will be a problem with the toes coming up. Sounds like poor ankle mobility, maybe calf. Post a vid if ya want more specific crit.

Keegan

Depending on the length of the torso and legs the chest will hit the thighs at different points. What yiu want is to bring the chest to the thighs, which the athlete in the demo video does do.

Hanlim Lee
TANSTAAFL said:

For tuck ups as long as your shoulders and feet leave the ground, come together, and end together you're good. The compression will get better with time, just focus on really pulling together at the top. When mastery rolls around you can post a vid and assess from there if you have enough.

 

I don't think the windmill will be a problem with the toes coming up. Sounds like poor ankle mobility, maybe calf. Post a vid if ya want more specific crit.

 

 

Sorry I didn't know video was omitted when I re-write the topic. Let's try again!

 

Tuck Up

 

Stiff Leg Windmill

TANSTAAFL

For the iM you want to focus on turning the weighted arm inwardly as far as you can. You also want to slow down the descent a little.

 

As for the toes it looks like tight calves/ankles/hammys. You will be able to go further down as you get more flexible, but that will come in time.