This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Handstand line

Started by mic_skelly, September 6, 2014 · 4 Replies · 135 Views

mic_skelly

Can anyone advise me on my handstand line? I have been working hard to take the arch out of my back but I'm still unsure if I am close to the correct form here.

Thanks. post-1609-0-65974100-1410003172_thumb.jp

Jeremy Huston

Where are you at in H1?  That influences how critical we should be :)  If you're just starting, that's a pretty nice handstand.  If you're almost done, you have work to do.

 

Either way -- point your toes, work on PPT, and further opening the shoulders.

Jon Douglas

Work to be done. Your back is arching and ribs comng out to compensate for your feet, which in turn is closing your shoulders a touch. Your shoulders are probably the best detail here, but your body is losing line by compensating.

 

Good start :) Now details!

TANSTAAFL

Everything stated above with a 'loose the shoes' added on ;).

mic_skelly

Thanks lads, at least I know I'm heading in the right direction with it now.