New Grips & Travelettes (Travel Paralletes) w Xtreme Rings.
I am going to start my training as per Coaches systems. I am currently in India so its harder to get the Equipment and I am having a friend bring over stuff from the US.
Given I am a newbie I've decided to invest in 2 things:
- Xtreme Rings
- Travelling Parallettes (From American Gymnast.com)
- Third Optional Item being Grips / Gloves of some sort to prevent calluses or save me from the pain of them. (read more below).
I'd really appreciate your guidance in FINALIZING my FIRST ROUND of EQUIPMENT PURCHASE and.. then have it BROUGHT to India.
As a Newbie who does not want to later think.. Oh, I should've bought that stuff to make it easier / safer to train do let me know.
I am considering the following items to buy along with Xtreme Rings to begin my Training here.
TRAVELING PARALLETES - TRAVELLETTES
http://www.american-gymnast.com/catalog ... 1&brand=11
AG Travellettes

For the athlete on the go...the American Gymnast Travellettes are perfect for use at home, in the gym, or to take with you when you travel to your next competition. Our Travellettes will fit easily in your bag so you can take your workout with you. We designed the American Gymnast Travellettes exactly the same as our traditional Parallettes, but used a durable, lightweight material and a unique interlocking design making assembly a snap. Never miss another workout!
New Grip
It seems like a great padding system with optional Wrist support.
The main reason I am interested is that I get painful calluses on my palms. In fact, if & when I do pull ups, I give up sooner than I should because of Callus / Palm pain rather than peaking on the pullups.
I am wondering if same would apply to me / help me / bother me when I start training on Coaches progressions. I am guessing they would not come in handy for all exercises but I'd love to hear what you think.
I'd like to know what seasoned & experienced people think here. (In fact even guys who are new and experienced Calluses, Grip issues and Wrist pain)
Some might think of it as cheating a bit, but would it not be worth getting to a certain exercise limit rather than be hampered by small callus pain.
Thoughts
?
Or would it be better to go with...
ALTERNATIVE - GYMNASTICS GRIPS
http://www.american-gymnast.com/siteind ... x_1354.cfm
Grips
Shop By Brand
* Reisport Grips - ladies' and men's dowel grips in both hook and loop and buckle closures
* English Bulldog Grips - ladies' and men's dowel grips in both hook and loop and buckle closures
* US Glove Grips - ladies' and men's dowel grips in both VELCRO and buckle closures
Shop By Skill Level
* Beginner Grips - basic palm grips (no dowels) for girls and boys
* Intermediate Grips - girl's and boy's dowel grips with a slightly more narrow width palm on the girl's grips
* Advanced Grips - dowel grips with regular width palms on the grips for ladies' and men
Shop by Grip Type
* Ladies' Uneven Bar Grips
* Men's Horizontal Bar Grips
* Men's Ring Grips
Supports
* Tiger Paws & Wrist Supports
* Ankle Supports
* Knee Supports
Accessories
* Bags - grip packs
* Wrist Bands - cotton wristbands, neoprene wristbands, and neoprene wrist inserts
* Sports Medicine Products - tape, prewrap, grip brush, Hot/Cold Therapy wraps