This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

UK GB Training Day Sat 4th October

Started by Wes Tan, September 5, 2014 · 16 Replies · 2,470 Views

Wes Tan

Hi ladies and gents,

 

Am excited to say that we have arranged for a training day to take place on Sat 4th October, for the GB community in the UK.

 

This follows on from the recent Stroud seminar after which Coach recommended we meet up every few months to push forward with our progress through the foundation series.

 

This a great opportunity to train with others, very different than training alone if you haven't had the opportunity to do so yet.

 

I run some adult gymnastic based fitness classes in Stroud and we have a great set up and all the necessary equipment: wall bars, rings, parallel bars, 4m rope climbs etc.

 

Spaces are limited to 30 so get in touch if you wish to attend. The session will start at 10am and finish around 4pm, 10am start allows people to travel to Stroud on the day. There will be a cost of £60.

 

Stroud is 2 hours from London by car, or 1h 40mins direct train from Paddington for anyone based in London. 

 

Please reply if you would like to attend or have any other questions.

 

Hope your all training wisely,

 

Wesley

IRT

Hi Wesley,

Excellent idea. Unfortunately I'm not available that weekend but would be interested in doing it some other time.

Cheers

Coach Sommer

The training day is limited to those who have either attended a GB seminar or own the GB courses.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Wes Tan

Thanks for the clarification Coach. 

 

I forget that not all forum members are actually working their way through foundation or handstand material. For those forum members who haven't yet purchased and reading this you really need to, you won't be training quite like you could be!

 

Best wishes,

 

Wesley

LateStarter@46

Hi Wesley,

I am interested in attending. Would you mind letting me know what the £60 covers and of any accommodation nearby please? Thank you.

Kate

Wes Tan

Hi Kate,

Glad to hear that you are interested in attending the training day.

The £60 is for attendance at the training day. It covers the days structured training programme and it also goes toward operation costs for Flexible Strength (room rental, equipment etc).

For accommodation I have listed a few options with links to websites below that I hope will be of use.

There is also a possibility that you could stay with one of our local members? There will be at least 7 'Stroudies' attending the day, I could always ask.

Premiere Inn Stroud

http://www.premierinn.com/en/search!execute.action

The Imperial Hotel is right next to Stroud Railway station, literally and has a nice Thai restaurant as well.

http://www.imperialhotelstroud.co.uk

Airbnb - great website for affordable b&b in real homes.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/s/Stroud--United-Kingdom?checkin=03-10-2014&checkout=05-10-2014&source=bb

I hope that helps Kate, let me know if you require any other help.

Hopefully see you on the 4th.

Wesley

LateStarter@46

Wesley, many thanks for that. I will let you know if I will be able to make it next week.

Wes Tan

Really looking forward to our training day this coming Saturday! A whole day of GST with others :-)

 

Any others interested in joining us in Stroud who are currently working your way through Foundation and Handstand courses? Its a great opportunity to get some help and support with your training.

Murray Truelove

Damn I'd love to make this but have plans all weekend. Will you be doing another one?

Wes Tan

Hi Murray, shame you can't make this one. Yes we do plan to hold some more in the future, next one possibly after New Year.

 

No chance you can make this one? It's gonna be epic

LateStarter@46

We will want to see video evidence of such epic-ness  :D

Christian

Not just e pic? ..... :-)

Coach Sommer
Christian said:

Not just e pic? ..... :-)

 

:facepalm:

Keilani Gutierrez

oh man....i know i'd love to take a vacation in europe, see some nice people and play on the rings. #bucketlist

Wes Tan

Keilani you'd always be welcomed here in the UK  

SoyeBoy

If anyone is in the UK (or even further afield - I am travelling from Ireland), I would highly recommend this training day. The specific pointers you'll get from others who are working through the same training elements as you are gold. Especially to those who don't post up much vids for review, you'll get loads of benefit from it. There was a great atmosphere at Wes' facility the last time I was there.

Plus you'll get to meet some fellow GBers!

Wes Tan

Thanks SoyeBoy, really looking forward to it! Let me know what time your getting in on Friday