This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SPL/PE5 Form Check

Started by Eric Baum, September 4, 2014 · 3 Replies · 218 Views

Eric Baum

Hello again guys,

 

Here goes a form check for the planche lean. The other ones were easier to correct myself using videos, but this ones I'm having doubts.

 

 

From what I see it looks like I'm starting lacking protraction and losing more of it on the way, but I'm not quite sure about it because of the lean.

 

Am I rigth? Any other points?

 

Thanks,

Baum

Adriano Augusto

Agree with the lack of protraction when you start. Is the same top position as sPL/PE1, or another sPL elements with a ton of protraction. Just practice.

 

Your lean is good but for me I would low a little bit the hips, seems piked. Be careful: if you low your hips your lean will increment aswell.

Eric Baum
Adriano Augusto said:

Agree with the lack of protraction when you start. Is the same top position as sPL/PE1, or another sPL elements with a ton of protraction. Just practice.

 

Your lean is good but for me I would low a little bit the hips, seems piked. Be careful: if you low your hips your lean will increment aswell.

Ok. I dont know why, but as soon as I start thinking on leaning the protraction that was good on PE3 just disappears.

 

About the lowering of the hips incrementing the lean, now I understand why everytime I tried lowering it got tougher!

Eric Baum

Great info. Lots of practice ahead!

 

Just one last question. The amount of lean shown on the video is reasonable for mastery if done with good form?