This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Ground Rows/Elevated Rows

Started by MATEJ CIZMARIK, September 3, 2014 · 3 Replies · 367 Views

MATEJ CIZMARIK

Hey folks, i need help with this:

 

How high from ground should be my back doing the ground rows? 

Is there any standard? From the F1 video, its very sketchy to say.

 

The same thing would be for Elevated rows, should my feet be in rings height?:)

 

Thanks for clarification!

Eric Baum

For elevated rows from what I've read somewhere on the forum, rings at feet height.

For ground rows, go as low as possible without touching the floor. =]

MATEJ CIZMARIK said:

Hey folks, i need help with this:

 

How high from ground should be my back doing the ground rows? 

Is there any standard? From the F1 video, its very sketchy to say.

 

The same thing would be for Elevated rows, should my feet be in rings height? :)

 

Thanks for clarification!

Jeremy Huston

Reread the Focus Points for these exercises.

Nick Ebner

I'd like to reopen this topic as I was curious about these. My questions are:

1. I notice it says heels and ring height should be pretty close. In the new video with Wes coaching it is pretty on point, but in the old video, the rings are def a decent amount higher. Which of these is optimal as those couple inches btwn videos make a big difference in my ROM.

2. How close to my shoulders should my hands get/how far past my body line should the elbows go at the top ROM in this form?

I searched other topics but couldn't find a good answer to this.

Thanks