Which stall bars should I buy?

Started by Justus0704, September 3, 2014 · 5 Replies · 4,221 Views

Justus0704

There are two stall bars on Amazon right now for a fair price. Which would you guys recommend?

 

This one (which has previously been spoken of on the forum):

http://www.amazon.com/3B-Scientific-Eucalyptus-Wood-Stall/dp/B008N3I93Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409712192&sr=8-1&keywords=stall+bars (Link is safe)

 

Or this one:

http://www.amazon.com/3B-Scientific-W15400-Stark-Stall/dp/B00H2IAF6W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1409712192&sr=8-2&keywords=stall+bars (Link is safe)

 

Thanks for your input guys.

Rayne-William

Just pick one.

jules

I like the top one because it has the floating bar for you to hang off of.

Also its made of Eucalyptus. Maybe you'll attract some Koalas.

bgoods

I purchased the 3b scientific eucalyptus. They have been fine for the most part, but I found that for some of the moves that require a lot of leverage, the rungs felt to be on the verge of snapping. I reinforced the unit with a vertical strong back into he middle of the rungs, problem solved.

I'm a pretty big dude (200lb, probably above average for your GST trainee), so other smaller lighter people might not have the same issue

Cole Dano

bgoods, how did you reinforce the rungs again?

bgoods

i added 2 pieces of 1 x 6 (3/4" x 5 1/2") between the rungs and the back plate supports, and screwed each rung into both of the 1x6's with trim head screws (i pre-drilled/countersunk the screws)

 

it worked perfectly as the space between the rungs and the bacj plate was exactly 5 1/2"

 

here are are some pics:

post-5732-0-93067200-1410447977_thumb.jppost-5732-0-26388900-1410447988_thumb.jp