This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Scaling Reach Underneath Static HBP/PE9>iM

Started by Jeremy Huston, September 2, 2014 · 3 Replies · 127 Views

Jeremy Huston

I don't have the mobility to get into the position demonstrated by the athlete for this stretch.  What is the correct way to scale this back?  I can put my scapula on the ground if I lift a knee up.  Or with both knees on the ground I can put the outside of my shoulder down.  But I can't do both at the same time yet.

Rayne-William

Just keep reaching as far as you are able to with both knees on the ground.

 

Just above the focus point(s) of every intagrated mobility exercise. There is a little statement that says the following: "Remember that mobility is not a maximual strength endeavor, but one of slow and steady progress. Do not be concerned if your range of motion does not match that of the video. As you train this over one of more programming blocks your body will naturally adapt." (Emphasis added)

Jon Douglas
tex0413 said:

Or with both knees on the ground I can put the outside of my shoulder down.

Start here. Your ROM will improve quickly once you start addressing it directly and consistently :)
Jeremy Huston

Thanks for your advice.