I'm finding it hard to carve the time to do the entire F1 set of exercises (I also want to do Handstand 1). I was thinking of selecting a subset of 3 or 4 and working on those until I complete F1 for those, and then start working on the rest of the program. Has anyone done that? Is there any big minuses to doing that?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Working on a subset rather than the entire program?
Started by JDelage, September 2, 2014 · 6 Replies · 151 Views
What schedule are you using? F1 is already broken down into a and b days, if this is still too much I suppose you could spread the 7 elements over 3 days. If you give some more details about your current programming it will be easier to answer your question.
I wouldn't recommend dropping any of the elements.
The way it's structured right now I do the full set of exercises 3 times a week. That takes me something like 3x2hrs, plus the Handstand 1, which is fairly short. If I were to cut the sets in 2, I would end up spending the same time plus some more set up time, so I'm not sure it would save me any time....
Murray doesn't mean cut the set in half but rather this -
workout A: FL / sPL / HBP / RC
workout B: SL / MN / SLS
On a three day schedule it will look like -
week 1: day 1 -A / day 2 - B / day 3 - A
week 2: day 1 -B / day 2 - A / day 3 - B
and so on...
Ah, I see. Yes, that should work. What's the name of this workout schedule in the drop down, is it "3 day Foundation"?
Yes
Exactly, it would not make much sense to progress through the entire F1 for a subset of exercises and then focus on the rest. The main reason is that you would not benefit from carry over between exercises and probably you will generate unbalances.