I've got a pull up bar like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B004NP2MDQ?pc_redir=1409490349&robot_redir=1
The handles poke out so in the top position they keep me from getting close to the bar.
Any ideas?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Murray Truelove, September 2, 2014 · 9 Replies · 174 Views
I've got a pull up bar like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B004NP2MDQ?pc_redir=1409490349&robot_redir=1
The handles poke out so in the top position they keep me from getting close to the bar.
Any ideas?
Get the poky bits lined up with your armpits and pull up higher ![]()
I use one of these as well. My shoulders touch the handles from underneath when I'm in the top position but I can still get my chin above the bar, so for me it's not a problem. Have you tried it yet? Maybe you can try to hang from the other side.
JN12 said:I use one of these as well. My shoulders touch the handles from underneath when I'm in the top position but I can still get my chin above the bar, so for me it's not a problem. Have you tried it yet? Maybe you can try to hang from the other side.
Perhaps I was trying to go too high. I'll play around and see.
A hack saw will solve that problem in a couple of minutes.
Cole Dano said:A hack saw will solve that problem in a couple of minutes.
I thought about this, but later FL elements use them.
I would urge you not to use that for the FL elements unless you have a 100% secure way of securing it to the wall.
I'm only on FL PE:5 but had a look through the progressions and saw the athlete using that grip. I've not tried it but assumed it would be OK, I take it it's not?
It has nothing to do with the grip.
Those doorway pull-up bars are known to come down! It's pretty easy to jar them off the door jam if you're doing something other than a pull up. Not worth the risk if you are upside down IMO.
You would need to secure the side that sits on the door jam so it is impossible to accidentally knock off.
I did my 1.0 test cert on one of these when required to resubmit a pe6 video. I held the horizontal bar ![]()
I'd also second only using them for exercises in which your feet remain underneath you, but thats another story entirely.