Hi there,
I've asked this question already, but just wanted to double confirm:
Mastery of Cossacks is 5x10r, meaning each set is only 5 per side?
And twisting squats are 10r each side? Or 5r per side?
Thanks in advance
Cam
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Cameron Williams (Suspect 001), September 1, 2014 · 5 Replies · 206 Views
Hi there,
I've asked this question already, but just wanted to double confirm:
Mastery of Cossacks is 5x10r, meaning each set is only 5 per side?
And twisting squats are 10r each side? Or 5r per side?
Thanks in advance
Cam
5 per side for both.
The general idea is that movements which alternate from side to side form a continuous whole and each movement is counted.
Thanks Cole!
I'm still not clear on this. If I'm doing, say, Skiers, does squatting to the left and to the right count as 1 rep or 2? I've been assuming 1. Pardon me if I'm being dense, here.
Hi Yelena,
I was actually unclear on this too, especially after reading Cory Fair's post on Foundation 1 F.A.Q., which says:
How do the repetition counts in the Integrated Mobility elements work?
For single-limbed elements, eg) RC/PE1>iM, complete the repetition or time count on each side.
For elements which alternate directions, eg) RC/PE4>iM, complete the total rep count on each side (unless explicitly indicated, as in sPL/PE2>iM). That is, left + right = one complete repetition.
For other elements, complete a single set as instructed.
According to that, to me, it seems like the twisting squats, for example, should be 10 reps each side.
But as Cole posted above, it's only 5 per side for the twisting squats.
So it seems a little unclear to me as well ![]()
Cam
In Coach Sommer's GST isn't the correct prescription almost always the one which is the harder of the two?
Single limb exercises are pretty easy, do the prescribed reps or time once for each limb. The same is true of things like skiers, if you think of each direction emphasizing one leg or the other.
With twisting squats, my guess would be that 10 squats means 10 actual movements, not 10X2. I figure this because whereas skiers are overtly one side or the other, the twisting squat is basically the same movement in terms of anatomy but performed in alternating directions. Plus, 10 is evenly divided and 5 is not. Everything is supposed to get an equal volume each time I think.