This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Straddle Up Form Check

Started by Nick_Ebner, September 1, 2014 · 11 Replies · 187 Views

Nick_Ebner

 

besides the slight bend in my knees (which I am working on), how is the form/ROM?

TANSTAAFL

Private vid.

Nick_Ebner

fixed

RJS

your arms raise first, followed by your legs. you dont raise both at the same time.

TANSTAAFL

Compression and balance need some work. Keep on keeping on.

RJS said:

your arms raise first, followed by your legs. you dont raise both at the same time.

I've seen this several times before. The demo vids not only have the arms raising first, but they are well past halfway/on the way to the hips before raising anything else. As long as the upper and lower body are starting and ending around the same time, I believe all is well.

 

Please let me know if this is contradicted somewhere.

Murray Truelove

Looking good, can't say is it's mastery ROM.

Point your toes and make sure your legs remain straight through the whole movement.

Nick_Ebner
TANSTAAFL said:

Compression and balance need some work. Keep on keeping on.

I've seen this several times before. The demo vids not only have the arms raising first, but they are well past halfway/on the way to the hips before raising anything else. As long as the upper and lower body are starting and ending around the same time, I believe all is well.

 

Please let me know if this is contradicted somewhere.

Tanstaafl, so what you are saying is in the video the head and arms come up first, but he torso and lower body still lift off the ground simultaneously.  Is that correct?  That's what it looks like to me in the video.

 

Also, to improve compression and balance, do you think I just need more reps or does anything else come to mind that I could do to efficiently speed up the process?

 

Thanks to everyone for the critique.  

TANSTAAFL
Nick_Ebner said:

Tanstaafl, so what you are saying is in the video the head and arms come up first, but he torso and lower body still lift off the ground simultaneously.  Is that correct?  That's what it looks like to me in the video.

 

Yeppers.

 

Nick_Ebner said:

 

Also, to improve compression and balance, do you think I just need more reps or does anything else come to mind that I could do to efficiently speed up the process?

 

The balance just takes time, it should work itself out. The compression usually takes more time, but you should be able to focus on it more once the balance is better. Depending on what the weak link is the assistance exercises at the bottom of this page might help.

Nick_Ebner

You are the man Tanstaafl.  Thanks.  I have an idea what the weak links are and Kit is coming to NYC in 4 weeks and then I see coach the week after so anything I can't figure out I will run through them.  THANKS AGAIN.  I appreciate all the quality feedback.

TANSTAAFL

Ha, if what's coming from me is quality feedback, I don't know how you're going to measure the level of what Kit and Coach have to say ;).

Nick_Ebner

monumental. 

TANSTAAFL
Nick_Ebner said:

monumental. 

two-shay.