This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Beginner Class besides F1 & H1

Started by PhilTaylor, August 29, 2014 · 4 Replies · 244 Views

PhilTaylor

Hi, :)

 

I will start my first semster at a university soon and I just saw that they teach beginner and advanced gymnastic classes.

I would like to join the beginner class and check it out. I don´t have much infos about their gym and training approach, but they seem to have a lot of equipment. Also I don´t know, if they do strength training at all or just skill work.

But on the downside, I have to pay quite a bit for it and I need 45min+ to get there...

 

What do you guys think about such classes?

Will the extra training be okay besides Foundation One and Handstand One? If I like the class (maybe)I will scale a bit back at F1, if i doesn´t slow my progress to much.

 

Thanks for all your replies =)

 

Greetings Phil

paleoyard

It would be interesting to see how they program things and what their approach is. But I highly doubt it'll be as quality as coach Sommer's programming.

PhilTaylor

I doubt that too, but on the otherside it would be cool to be able to train in a gym and also train some skill work.

federicoC

I would do it. We always learn from different experiences.

Cole Dano

It's pretty common for adult gymnastics classes to skimp on GST.

 

I wrote Coach Sommer with this question a few years back, his reply, was to the effect of - at this stage, taking a class is fine as long as it doesn't interfere with GST training. Particularly as adults we need to build a good base of strength and mobility and make those the priority.