This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Can I add some exercises to F1/H1 ?

Started by Krel, August 29, 2014 · 3 Replies · 308 Views

Krel

Hello :)

 

I have just begun F1/H1. I would like to keep some exercises that I used to perform in my routine :

 

- 4x8 Captain of Crush Gripper (trainer - 100 lbs)

- 4x8 Hammer curl (4,4 lbs - in order to conditionate my proximal and distal biceps tendon which are still very weak)

- 4x10s head to knee pose

- 4x10s side split

 

I would like to perform this two times a week. Can I add this to the F1/H1 work ?

 

At last, when is it possible to start training for the 3x30s supinated grip german hang ? After having completed F2 ?

 

Thanking you in anticipation.

MT Nordic

Hi Krel, this topic has been addressed many times in other threads, so i refer you to the search function for a full discussion.  However, I don't think the hammer curl will add much to foundation, as this will already be addressed in the RC progressions.  The latter 2 are mobility exercises and would be fine (or even great) to add after the workout of the day.  Lastly, the german hangs will be addressed in Rings 1, which is not recommended to come before completing F4.  Cheers.

Krel

Thank you :)

Krel

Some news :)

 

I'm doing the 2 Day HS integrated (F7 on Monday & Thursday ; HS on Tuesday & Friday ; Rest on Wednesday, Saturday & Sunday) and I'm working on my flexibility after each HS day (because HS day takes less time than F7) :

- 4x15s side split

- 4x15s pike stretch

- 4x15s adductors stretch

- 4x15s seal stretch

- 4x15s straddle pancake

It's very effective, my flexibility gains are nice.

 

I also tried to add 4x15s german stretch but my biceps tendon (distal and proximal) are far from being ready for this exercise which is too advanced for me. I think I will begin with an easier german stretch variation when I will have mastered all the Foundation One elements.

I have a little question about german stretch for later :

What is the scapula position ? Depressed & retracted or depressed & protracted or neutral like FL ?