Please help guys.
If I test for mastery for example on rope climb and I make all of them when do I have a deload week?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by pcain420, August 29, 2014 · 3 Replies · 169 Views
Please help guys.
If I test for mastery for example on rope climb and I make all of them when do I have a deload week?
Base your deload on the calendar, not the exercise progressions. Every 4th week is deload for all exercises for your whole body. So no matter how staggered the exercises might get, deload all of them at the same time.
OK so if every workout is a mastery week deload on the 4th week not after the mastery, am I understanding this?
Assuming your a super stud and started 25 Aug:
Week 1: 25 Aug through 31 Aug:
Monday - Master all the PE1's and their IMs
Wednesday - Master all the PE2's and their IMs
Friday - Master all the PE3's and their IMs
Week 2: 1 Sep through 7 Sep:
Monday - Master all the PE4's and their IMs
Wednesday - Master all the PE5's and their IMs
Friday - Master all the PE6's and their IMs (and buy F2)
Week 3: 8 Sep through 14 Sep: Continue mastering everything
Week 4: 15 Sep through 21 Sep: DELOAD everything
Think of it as Work Hard for 3 weeks, then DELOAD for a week. It gets tricky if you master one element right off the bat but not the other elements. That sort of puts the one element out of sync with the others. But regardless of how the exercises line up, you can pull out your calendar and mark every 4th week as DELOAD. All the other weeks are hard work.