This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1/H1 Integration and a couple of other questions...

Started by Eitan Hemed, August 29, 2014 · 3 Replies · 115 Views

Eitan Hemed

Hi Guys

 

Recently purchased the starter pack and i'm trying to figure out the best combination for doing both programs. I can (schedule-wise) workout every day, but maybe (recovery-wise) 5-6 days a week would be better...

 

How would you combine the two programs? Do you use the suggested one [MON (HS) TUE (HS) WED (F7) Thu (HS) FRI (HS) SAT (F7)]?

 

Thanks (:

Murray Truelove

It's really down to your recovery, I started with a lot of workout days but have now reduced it to 3 days of F1 and 2 days of H1.

F1(7) can be particularly tough especially as F1 starts with higher reps (5x15r scapula shrugs, push ups, deck squats, tuck ups and rows is brutal and you also have to do 5x60s hbh and abh), again this is down to your own recovery and work capacity.

There's nothing wrong with adjusting your training schedule as you progress through the programme.

BeanLion

I agree with Murray on adjusting as you go along.

 

I'm yet to find the ideal template. I used to do a 4 day a week (Fa, Fb, rest, Fa, Fb) (no handstand) and found I wasn't progressing too much and also not doing any handstands! I then dropped to a 3 day a week with handstands on 2 of the 'off' days (Fa, H, Fb, H, Fa) etc. I found this quite enjoyable but at the end of the month I didn't feel like I particularity needed a deload.

 

So now I'm doing a 5 day a week (Fa, Fb, Fa, Fb, Fa) and I feel like this is the workload I can handle, I just need to find somewhere to reintegrate the handstand work.

Jeremy Huston

4 days of HS could be tough too.  I can see the wrists and shoulders getting fried from overuse.  And this isn't like sore muscles that comes on slow and heals fast.  It's soft tissue issues that come on fast and heal slow.