This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form check on HSPE1 & im

Started by Javier, August 28, 2014 · 6 Replies · 292 Views

Javier

Hi,

I just completed my 3rd week on HS1, which I'm doing along with F1. If someone more experienced could check my form, that would be great. Especially on that pesky im of HS/PE1 everyone talks about!

HS/PE1

HS/pe1-im

Thanks!

Jeremy Huston

Tripod looks good.  The iM needs more lean.  Try moving your hands farther apart so you can get more lean, and then gradually move them closer together.

Javier
tex0413 said:

Tripod looks good.  The iM needs more lean.  Try moving your hands farther apart so you can get more lean, and then gradually move them closer together.

Understood. I can see that. I'll give it a try following your advice. Thanks!

Iván de Mon

Just something to add. I don't think it is a problem at this stage but it would be great to build and reinforce good habits if you pointed your toes.

Javier
Iván de Mon said:

Just something to add. I don't think it is a problem at this stage but it would be great to build and reinforce good habits if you pointed your toes.

You're right, Iván! I've been trying to remember to do just that on my last workouts. 

 

Thanks

TANSTAAFL

Foam rolling/lacrosse balling your glutes, etc. might help get ya some more lean as well if that's one of the limiting factors.

Javier
TANSTAAFL said:

Foam rolling/lacrosse balling your glutes, etc. might help get ya some more lean as well if that's one of the limiting factors.

Thanks! There is some of that. Mainly on my right side. I can get more lean if I put the right leg in front of the left one in the cross-legged position. I'm working on stretching that right side. 

 

One quick question on this iM. When I lean forward, should my arms stay at the vertical or can they go forward to certain degree with the lean?