This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form check, please

Started by Javier, August 28, 2014 · 6 Replies · 190 Views

Javier

I am on my 3rd week of F1. I thought it could be good time to get my form checked out before I carry on. I've been reading the threads with advice on form, and have bren trying to apply it. I don't if I've been very successful, but I've done my best.

Some of the videos are a bit long. Sorry. It's what I had on the menu...

Javier

Still new here. The videos showed on preview but not in the actual post. Second attempt:

Sl/pe1

Sl/pe1-im

Mn/pe1 & im

Sls/pe1

Sls/pe1-im

Rayne-William

SL/PE1- Keep your legs straight and do your best to lift your quads off of the floor.

 

FL/PE1>iM- The overall movement looks fine. Keep doing your best with the entire movement.  Cat and Cow are basic yoga poses if you want to do any further research on the positions.

 

MN/PE1- Looks fine. If you want to get into a tighter ball, contract your abdominals and hamstrings.

MN/PE1>iM- Looks good, your range of motion will continue to develop further as you do the mobility exercise more often and with a gradually heavier object.

 

SLS/PE1>iM- The whole motion mimics a common ski turn but with your feet together. (A ski turn involves a squatting position while you use the outside edge of your uphill ski and inside edge of your downhill ski)  

kimura

The iM for SL/PE1 is hip circles not cat-cow

Javier
GoldenEagle said:

SL/PE1- Keep your legs straight and do your best to lift your quads off of the floor.

 

FL/PE1>iM- The overall movement looks fine. Keep doing your best with the entire movement.  Cat and Cow are basic yoga poses if you want to do any further research on the positions.

 

MN/PE1- Looks fine. If you want to get into a tighter ball, contract your abdominals and hamstrings.

MN/PE1>iM- Looks good, your range of motion will continue to develop further as you do the mobility exercise more often and with a gradually heavier object.

 

SLS/PE1>iM- The whole motion mimics a common ski turn but with your feet together. (A ski turn involves a squatting position while you use the outside edge of your uphill ski and inside edge of your downhill ski)

Thank you!

Javier
kimura said:

The iM for SL/PE1 is hip circles not cat-cow

Oops! You're right. I guess I'll have switch the im around when I do FL today!

Javier

Though, it would help, at least us newbies, if the schedule would provide the common name of the exercise along with the alphanumeric code name so we don't have to check the manual each time to find out what it means. This and the fact the mobile version of the schedule always opens on the first workout when you go back to it is the reason I ended up doing the cat/cow instead of the hip circles. Somehow after doing the ABH, it didn't feel out of place to do the cat/cow anyway. I'll have to be more careful next time. Thanks again for pointing this out.