This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Guide to where to "feel" mobility exercises?

Started by Noah Zimmt, August 27, 2014 · 1 Replies · 203 Views

Noah Zimmt

Hello! I just started doing Foundation and it is fantastic. I'm so thankful I discovered this - I'd been looking for a program that was as simple as "do this. can you do this? good, now do this". So many thanks to coach Sommer and anyone else who assisted in the creation of this.

 

I've just been wondering - as I do not have access to a camera to check my form, it is useful to know where I'm supposed to be feeling the stretch in mobility exercises. In some it is obvious, but for others it is less so (windmills - I feel them more in my sides than anywhere else).

 

Is there a list compiled somewhere of where I should feel the stretch in the mobility work? Thank you all very much! :)

Alan Tseng

well they are mobility exercises (going to existing range of motions) after all, rather than actual stretches (going into new ranges of motion), so technically if you've mastered them correctly you shouldn't really be feeling much of a stretch.  in your case of feeling your sides during windmills, that may be where you're tightest at.  I feel it mostly on my hamstrings (which also happens to my weakness in many of the exercises).

 

though to really answer each question about each mobility, the short answer is in this page:

https://courses1.gymnasticbodies.com/f-im/

 

if you want a more detailed answer about specific iM's, then it's going to be a case-by-case basis