This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Few Questions

Started by skeeter, August 26, 2014 · 7 Replies · 264 Views

skeeter

Hi All,

 

Just starting my second month and its going well. I like not not being stressed about it all and just following the program and getting more mobile.

 

I was working on the IM for HBP yesterday, Xiapeng Forward. Both elbows, but more in my left, would "pop" or "crack" during the rotation. Is this normal? It would occurwhen it is moving a bit past over head and coming back around to the front. Thoughts?

 

When doing the lat stretch for hinge rows, is it 30 seconds per arm? Or 15 seconds per arm?

 

Thanks,

Noah 

korija

i also get cracking noise on my shoulders abit =o

Murray Truelove

1) Cracking and popping should pass as mobility improves. Be sure to never train through pain. You could also try a lighter weight and see if that makes them a bit smoother.

2) 30 seconds per arm.

skeeter

Murry, thanks for the reply. Yeah, I assumed the cracking/discomfort in elbows and shoulders was a mobility issue. 

Jon Douglas

If you are cracking/popping on every rep, not just as a loosening up thing, consider backing off a bit on either weight or ROM. Take the extra time to work up and you will be thankful :)

skeeter

My elbows crack regardless. I can crack it at work etc. Any one know why this happens?

skeeter

Few more questions, hopefully someone can answer.

 

When doing the deck squat on a yoga mat at the gym, my butt/tailbone felt sore, is this normal? 

 

For Mana PE1 (tuck-up), i've noticed that my lower back (lumbar spine??) curves a lot when doing this. I have tried to keep it flat when 'un tucking' but i can get my upper back to the floor then. I figure this is normal if I am immoble/inflexible in some areas, any suggestiosn?

 

Thanks,

Noah

Vito Borreggine

I have a question about MN/PE1>iM

I don't have full ROM in shoulders as shown In the video and I also have some popping in the shoulders. I've been doing these without weight. I figured I should gain more mobility in the shoulder before loading it. Is this a good way to approach this exercise or will loading it help gain that last 1/4 turn of the internal rotation.

Thanks

Vito