I have completed two workouts. The first one was with a friend who has been doing this program for a while so I may have started out to fast. The second was after I purchased my own F1 and did my very first start at the beginning workout. I have now injured my rhomboid/subscapula twice. It doesn't show up until the middle of the night or the next morning when I try to get up. It also is not side specific. It has happened on the left and now the right. I do have a SLAP tear in the left, but that is stable and fine as long as I do mobility regularly for it. Any ideas would be helpful. It seems like the arch body hold might be the trigger.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Two workouts and injured subscap/rhomboid twice...thoughts?
Started by BZP, August 26, 2014 · 5 Replies · 212 Views
In which exercise did you get injured? Just ABH? What was the scheme sets/reps did you use?
As far as reps and sets I did ABH for 4x24s and I can pin point if that is the exercise but I know that my Erectors also get angry sometimes so I was thinking that might be it.
In regards to the rhomboid versus sub scapula there is involvement in both. I can tell because I have had them act up before but this is the worst they have been. I see my Facial Stretch Therapist on Wednesday so I will get her opinion as well. I just wondered if anyone had ever heard of this issue before
Before starting this program I had serious issues and imbalances in my Shoulder girdle. After 3 weeks of doing the exercises all of the muscles in my Shoulder girdle have become active and have increased in size and I no longer have the problems I had before. I have found sPL/PE1 to be the best for really addressing my issues in this area, then my advancements in HS/PE1>im and HS/PE2>im were huge to improving my shoulders. At first, I could hardly do the HS>im's but I did a little bit with the bar every day and I noticed small increases in mobility each day.
You might need to scale the ABH down. In some cases I split it into 2 scaled variations, similar to HBH.
1) Bent - with bent knees and bent elbows, elbows out the the sides.
2) Straddle - with straight legs straddled open and straight arms held wide, Looks like an X.