I know there are no rest between the master sets, but are there any rest between the training sets? And if there are then how long is recommended?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Rest between sets
Started by Lasse Sten, August 25, 2014 · 7 Replies · 234 Views
In Handstand One, there is no limit or recommendation for rest. At the very least, nothing is mentioned in the outline, as opposed to the Foundation courses, where it is stated explicitly.
I take anywhere from 15sec to 2min to resume my next set, depending on how I feel. I have post nasal drip, so being inverted often causes a mucus buildup I need to clear before continuing. Because much of learning Handstands is skill work as opposed to straight strength, taking your time to ensure quality sets is likely the best course.
coach sommer has explicitly stated that since it is skill work, it should be done with full recovery, so no time limits on your work sets.
I have taken upwards of 5 minutes in the past, and sometimes I've even taken a dump in between sets. No regrets.
I take as long as necessary between sets, I use this time to work on my pike and pancake flexibility.
I go very nearly back and forth without resting and double my sets. That's just me, see above.
Murray Truelove said:I take as long as necessary between sets, I use this time to work on my pike and pancake flexibility.
same here. although that is rarely more than 2min "rest".
DieKatze said:same here. although that is rarely more than 2min "rest".
I take 2 minutes as well. I should also note that I do H1 on its own day as active recovery. I'm also working on two PE/IMs.