Would it be alright if Foundation is done 7 days a week if there is no soreness and recovery feels good?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Foundations 7 days a week?
Started by law123, August 23, 2014 · 14 Replies · 630 Views
This and similar questions get asked a lot. Have a good read through this forum using "days a week" etc in the Search function. Some training parameters you will have to find out for yourself as we are not identical.
You may are not working as hard as you can if you can train foundation 7 days a week.
I'm going back through Foundation from the beginning, so mastery for many of the moves are pretty easy.
like for testing purposes? why not just embedd it to your training schedule?
- If you are that advanced, then simply train M,W,F demonstrating mastering for a new PE/iM for the seven basic foundational skills each workout.
- Are your iM proficient?
- Please post videos for review. This is critical. Recently one young man posted a video of his bridge for review. He was convinced that his bridge was 'pretty good' and felt he was ready for the next challenge. The reality was that his bridge was far closer to 'pretty bad' than 'pretty good'.
- The reality is it is always better to begin training 'less' rather than 'more'. Begin with F7 two or three days a week. Run this schedule for at least a microcycle (3 weeks plus a deload week). If you feel that you still have unused capacity, then repeat this process again by perhaps increasing to four days a week and then so on and so on.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Actually, I found out myself that the answer to your question is most likely not. You don't want to just train, you want to be proficient in your training as well as your life. I couldn't achieve that with 7 days/week. Also, the body might not be sore, but the nervous system might take some time to recover. Right mindset was difficult to achieve with higher frequency.
Coach Sommer said:- If you are that advanced, then simply train M,W,F demonstrating mastering for a new PE/iM for the seven basic foundational skills each workout.
- Are your iM proficient?
- Please post videos for review. This is critical. Recently one young man posted a video of his bridge for review. He was convinced that his bridge was 'pretty good' and felt he was ready for the next challenge. The reality was that his bridge was far closer to 'pretty bad' than 'pretty good'.
- The reality is it is always better to begin training 'less' rather than 'more'. Begin with F7 two or three days a week. Run this schedule for at least a microcycle (3 weeks plus a deload week). If you feel that you still have unused capacity, then repeat this process again by perhaps increasing to four days a week and then so on and so on.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
My iM's are proficient along with the strength exercises.
I'm used to training 5 days a week. I wanted to move through some of the easier progressions a little more rapidly.
You said to increase to four days a week, and so on. Does that mean it can get up to 7 days just as long as a person feels good for the next day's training?
Before we proceed further with the discussion, please post some videos so that I can verify the quality of your work.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
I wouldn't do high quality foundation workouts seven days a week. Especially when a current 12 week cycle reaches the 5 week and the work load starts to become too much for the body.
Don't let the lack of soreness the next day make you think you can push your body further. The human body needs time to recoperate from all of the stresses of the week. Doing high quality foundation workouts seven days a week is going to more physical stress piled on top of all of the mental stress you get to deal with from your personal life. (IE: Work, family, etc)
Coach appears to be taking a personal interest in this discussion, so no need for us to muddy the water here ![]()
No disrespect intended to Lee, however I have learned to take people's self evaluations of excellence with a grain of salt. Many times there is a distinct gap between my expectations for excellence and theirs.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Coach Sommer said:No disrespect intended to Lee, however I have learned to take people's self evaluations of excellence with a grain of salt. Many times there is a distinct gap between my expectations for excellence and theirs.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
None taken. I'm a teacher by trade and a professional artist, so you're speaking my language!
I also think it would be very helpful for you to be evaluated by Coach and other expert people here, you could then see whether there is some work to be done. My experience is that feedback are fundamental to progress, and more importantly, for preventing you to move on when it's not yet time.
I'll try to post some vids. I've discovered that by doing sets of singles and doubles, like 1-arm-pullups and balancing handstand dips, I lost a lot of "work capacity" which is being recovered through doing the long 30s and 60s static holds.