This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wrist Wall Handstand

Started by Nacho training, August 22, 2014 · 4 Replies · 161 Views

Nacho training

I have spent a lot of months working on the wrist handstand. It was really more difficult than I thought at the beginning. I am close to the 5x60 but I still have to improve some details for the mastery. I would like you to critique myself for correcting all the things that I may have not seen. Thanks :)

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TbgaUlM-PU&feature=youtu.be

Alessandro Mainente

For wrist handstand i used to put my hands closer to wall in order to have less then 180°, in that way you are actively using the traps to win the temptation to fall .

 

post-1151-0-63873200-1408722988_thumb.pn

 

this version is quite helpful for future pHS development.

Nacho training

Nice. Thank you very much. How many centimeters from the wall? By now I am 8cm away from the wall, so I still have a lot to improve in getting closer.

Alessandro Mainente

probably 6 - 6.5 should be fine. always is proportioned to your chest dimension

 

as a reference trace a vertical line from your posterior delt straight to the floor, if you can stay behind the line with all the fingers it's fine.

Murray Truelove

Really nice line, much better than all the banana handstands you see all over the internet.