This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hi! My name is Bruno.

Started by brunopinto90, August 22, 2014 · 1 Replies · 107 Views

brunopinto90

Hey guys, my name is Bruno. I am from Portugal and i am 18 years old (a month to 19). Since February, i decided to change my life. Get healthier, pursue dreams, do sports, pretty much i made a list of projects, but things didn´t turn out to be that way. I did poorly on my exams, i am not going to college this year, didn´t acomplish anything, so basically i was a failure. Didn´t train how i should had done, lost a few pounds but gained it again. Now i really want to turn things around! I am learning from my mistakes, i have more time to plan things and won´t procrastinate.

This year i will work, study and train. I am planning on joining a track and field team nearby which has athletes in major international competitions and the olympics. I love running and i really need a competitive environmment to push myself harder. Who knows? I might be in the 2020 Olympics xD.

 

For past few days, i´ve been reading the forum and really liked the community assembled here which inspired me to start a Gymnastic Strength Training™.

 

Enough of the BS.

 

I started training in February with just running while researching exercise stuff ... Joined a street workout community (PULL UP PORTUGAL) and did calisthenic exercises like high reps of push ups, pull ups, dips, leg raises plus HIIT and even more running. After that i started working on specific exercises such as L-Sit, Handstand, Pistol Squats. I was doing fine in first days, but then i had to concentrate fully on my exams, didn´t exercise (because i didn´t want to, so lack of will) and lost all of my gains. Now a new chapter will begin. Thats why i am in this forum! I don´t want to do countless reps of calisthenic exercises that won´t condition me to do handstands, front lever, planche, pistol squat. I want proper condition. Don´t give me wrong, street workouters are insanely strong, but lack form: Banana handstands, bent arm side levers, most don´t train legs. Thats why i wan´t to do a GST program which will give me the same or better results than a street workout "program" would have.

 

So i am planning on doing F1 + H1 (3xweek) with Track and Field practices (Monday to Friday). I want to follow this program for many years (i don´t plan on dying any soon haha) so it should be a nice journey.

 

Now i have a question. One of the progressions is the incline push up. Next its the regular push up. Did you skip it and did the regular push ups right away? How did you do that? Its ok to start at week 5 or 9 if you already performed the requirements. Please, don´t see this as a "fast track", i am interested in time efficiency.

 

 

Now i am gonna talk about my diet:

In February, i began to change my diet by cutting cakes, cookies, fries, chips, sugar and salty snacks. Next i changed my breakfast from Cereals with milk for oatmeal with water. Stoped eating bread, ate 6 times a day. Didn´t worked, i was exercisizing, but 6 meals a day just didn´t worked for me, i was always hungry and overfed often.

 

A few months later, i started a paleo diet + lean gains IF protocol, which suits me perfectly. I ate like a king. Vegiies and greens were a huge part of my meals. I wan´t hungry all the time, sletp better, had more energy. Lost 9 pounds in just a few weeks without much effort. Then my exames began, didn´t workout so consistently and gained all of my weight back which leads me to today.

 

165cm (5 Feet 4 Inches)

77,7kg (172 lbs) I have a medium sized belly, but thats it which is strange, i am not much as fat as looking to those numbers might look.

 

So in the next three months, i am planning on losing 33 lbs (15kg), do the F1 + H1 + track and field practices and from that planning accordingly.

 

I shall run some drills and tests in the next days to see which progressions to make and track my progress in push ups, pull ups, dips, running. I am also doing mobility tests to track my progress as well. I will also take pictures of my body so i can do an after and before comparison in the future.

Thanks.

Stefano Di Virgilio

Hi Bruno. Welcome! First of all, I don't know you but I don't think you were a failure. Everyone makes mistakes. For example, two years ago I graduated at university (I believe that the proper translation in English is bachelor's degree or first level degree). Then I started the second level degree and I froze. I spent one year doing completely nothing. I didn't go to lessons, I didn't study, I didn't take exams. After that year I've tried to go back on track, and now I'm succeeding. I'm not the only one. My friends and other people I know had also their problems after finishing school. I believe it's normal. So cheer up! Second, I would like to say to you that it's fine trying to change a bit if you feel that something isn't working, but don't exaggerate. It's a process, not something that you can do in one day.

 

About training questions probably I'm not the best one (I'm a newbie like you). What I can tell you for sure is that you can't skip exercises. If you think that you can mastery incline push-ups (and the paired mobility), do it. If that's true you will spend not more than 5 minutes. Also it's okay to start on week 5 or 9 if you can. I suggest you to read:

 

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/13404-foundation-one-exercise-faq/

 

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/13403-new-to-foundation-one-start-here/

 

However, in my opinion it seems too much starting your training with 3 days of F1+H1 and Track and Field practise from Monday to Friday. Maybe I'm wrong, but like I said before, don't exaggerate.

 

Finally, I don't know anything about diets. Maybe someone else can answer this question.