This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

No Weighted Bars....

Started by pcain420, August 21, 2014 · 6 Replies · 359 Views

pcain420

Hey Guys,

 

Is it ok to use Resistence tubes for the mobility drills where a weighted bar is needed?

Coach Sommer

No, resistance tubing will not be adequate.  However you may use something as simple as a long wooden dowel with a weight plate slid onto the center of the bar.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

pcain420

How about a PVC pipe with a Kettle bell or ankle weight?  Or pisible filled with bbs?

Jon Douglas
pcain420 said:

How about a PVC pipe with a Kettle bell or ankle weight?

I've used these for some drills. They get awkward or unreliable as they get heavier though, but thats not to say you can't get a good start.

Gavin S

I use a broomstick handle (no broom on the end) that I got from a hardware store for less than $5. Works really well.

Helgi

I use a broomstick handle like Gavin does but I've run into trouble with exercises such as HS/PE5 if I slide weights onto it since the bar has to go so close to the ground.

 

How have you guys solved that?

Ravn
Helgi said:

I use a broomstick handle like Gavin does but I've run into trouble with exercises such as HS/PE5 if I slide weights onto it since the bar has to go so close to the ground.

 

How have you guys solved that?

I currently use a 5 kg weight disc with a radius of 11 cm. It just means you'll have to lift the bar a little higher, that's all. Doing that will give you better ROM as well.