This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How often should you train ?

Started by MrPuppeh, August 21, 2014 · 5 Replies · 266 Views

MrPuppeh

I did a 3x F1 and 3x H1 in a week that means 6days training in a week. 

 

At first I thought it was a good idea but as you may guess I burned out.

 

I think my progress stalled and I feel tired throughout the days.

 

 

I was thinking of dropping it to 2x F1 and 2x H1 a week. 

Is this a decent idea ?  Or is it too low ?

 

I was always afraid that I was doing too little due not progressing as fast as I wanted to, I guess its the nowaday influence that you need to give your best etc. etc.

 

What is your training schedule ?

 

 

KingJR

Just try it out. Now that you know what too much is like, just try what you plan to do and see if it's STILL too much. Your current workout is what I'm getting ready to do as well. F7x2 and H1x2.

MrPuppeh

Yeah, i know it all takes time and self testing But:

 

Is there a "guide" that lets you know how much can you workout so you dont to too much or too low ?

 

I would be very happy if a geenie came to me and said the right amount of workout frequency, intensity and volume for me :)

DieKatze

you dont really need to separarte the foundation and handstand days if you ask me. H1 takes ~20min to complete for most PEs, so i personally just include that on my foundation days.

 

i dont know where you are in foundation and your athletic background but for most people the first progressions should not be that taxing (that doesnt mean they are not exhausting while youre doing them). everyone is different but 3 days of lower level foundation work should not burn you out. however, later on in F2&3 i can see that sessions can be quite taxing.

Keilani Gutierrez

3xF1 and 2xH1 for me. I've thought about doing a 2x F7 split but havent really felt the need for it. 

KingJR
MrPuppeh said:

Is there a "guide" that lets you know how much can you workout so you dont to too much or too low ?

 

 

My body is my guide and yours is your guide. You're looking for shortcuts. So test it out, find out for yourself. I'm pretty sure the coaches that are actually worth the amount you pay for will create a program based on your own body instead of trying to shove a one size fits all program down your throat. You're looking for the "one size fits all" approach. Don't be in such a rush and enjoy the journey to mastering your body!