This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pain in the forearm when doing Tuck Planche sPL/PE3?

Started by Andrew Tan, August 21, 2014 · 3 Replies · 202 Views

Andrew Tan

There's a weird kind of pain when you do Tuck Planche, on the inside of my forearm, i feel it only for a few secs after i get down from the Tuck Planche, on the inside of my forearm, feels like a stretching kind of pain. Im thinking maybe cause im leaning forward too much and my forearm cant handle it? i dont feel it on the previous progressions before this. 

 

What would you guys suggest i do? i was thinking to go back on the progrssion Elevated Planche Lean, and this time work on leaning further forward, getting comfortable with that.

Alessandro Mainente

Well i got this a couple of years ago. i've solved it by spending more time on frog stand. thousand seconds of frog, the limited leverage due to the vertical forearm it's fantastic to approach gradually the flexors stress of the straight arm version.

Andrew Tan
alex87 said:

Well i got this a couple of years ago. i've solved it by spending more time on frog stand. thousand seconds of frog, the limited leverage due to the vertical forearm it's fantastic to approach gradually the flexors stress of the straight arm version.

ooo frog stance and not advanced frog stance? cause frog stance is a bend arm, so you are not working on the locked straight arm, i feel much more on shoulder than the forearm.

 

I'll give the frog stance a go anyway

katlinchen

Pretty sure it is forearm splints. Guys often get them after EZ curls. It hurts for a few seconds after you put down the dumbell or after you come out of planche leans or planches.

It's the same as shin splints, if you have ever had that?!

I also developed forearm splints when I progressed to tuck planche.
 

I got rid of them pretty quickl by doing the following:

First, massage out painful spots and trigger points. It usually just beside the bone of the forarm, a little deeper. So go in there and press and massage it out at least once a a day, twice would be even better, for about 3-5 minutes each side. Then stretch it.

Then you should start strengthening your forearms. Mine are pretty strong from all the bar stuff I do, but rice bucket helped me a lot!

Fill a bucket with rice, dig you hand in it (the whole hand should be covered at least!) and then do circles. Either 50 circles each side or 2x25 circles each side.
Stretch afterwards. I do that after every workout and I just feel the foreamr splints when I really press into it but they don't interfer with my workouts.

Good Luck!