Hi All,
I can hit 5 sets of 15 reps of scapular push ups but lack the full range of motion to perform swivel hips.
Can I move on to sPL2 and continue to work swivel hips in addition?
Cheers,
Henry
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Henry Skinner, August 21, 2014 · 7 Replies · 391 Views
Hi All,
I can hit 5 sets of 15 reps of scapular push ups but lack the full range of motion to perform swivel hips.
Can I move on to sPL2 and continue to work swivel hips in addition?
Cheers,
Henry
In how the course is designed no. You shouldn't move on to the next exercise until both the strength and mobility are mastered.
You might want to post a form check of your scapular push to see if your form is 'perfect' or if there are things you can work on to improve on that as well while you are working on your mobility.
Henry Skinner said:Hi All,
I can hit 5 sets of 15 reps of scapular push ups but lack the full range of motion to perform swivel hips.
Can I move on to sPL2 and continue to work swivel hips in addition?
Cheers,
Henry
No.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Coach Sommer said:No.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
I feel dishonest about having "liked" this post. I don't like it. I hate it. But I'm doing it nonetheless.
Sven Ravnstag said:I feel dishonest about having "liked" this post. I don't like it. I hate it. But I'm doing it nonetheless.
To make up for this, I liked yours ![]()
it's been a good 12yrs for me with some pretty funky hip issues that have been resolving itself this past year and plus. just put the time and the results are yours for the taking. you'll come out the other side an upgraded human being.
to then suffer glute med cramps. forever.
so yeah.... swivel hips in the meantime.
As above. Swivel hips is hugely underrated, but it does a lot of good. For example, I do them between sets of middle splits and find them very productive ![]()
Besides, scap shrugs are an element that you can totally just up the reps, drop the speed etc. productively. You could even do them for time.
Jon Douglas said:You could even do them for time.
Gross.