This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Foundation one Questions

Started by hannibal2469, August 20, 2014 · 2 Replies · 143 Views

hannibal2469

Hi everyone,

 

Have some questions on the program hopefully you can answer them.

 

1. I am following the 4 day split but doing pretty much nothing during the other days, what should i do during the 3 rest days?? Can I do some sprinting(I am really thin so I am worried I might lose the little muscle that I gain from working out)

 

2. I am interested in the highbar and the pommel horse is there something that I can do at this stage of my foundation training to start preparing for those apparatus? 

 

3. Regarding the jefferson curl, I have seen the videos but I cannot tell if I am doing it right, I mean when i do it it doesnt feel like every piece of by backbone is sliding out/in one by one, how do i do this the right way?

 

4. For HBH and ABH does it make any difference whether they are done on hard floors or soft mats? Because I could feel some difference between the two(hard floor being more difficult), is it just me?

 

Also I wasnt able to find an adult gymnastics coach so any recommendations on how to do apparatus training on my own would be highly appreciated.

 

Thanks in advance

Murray Truelove

1) depends on your recovery. Cardio is recommended and stretching is a good idea to. Personally I only stretch.

2) no idea.

3) concentrate on your vertebrae as you curl, also keep your "tail tucked", start with a light weight till you're confident you've got the movement pattern down. Post a form check video if still unsure.

4) just be sure you're comfortable. Try a few rocks as you may find the hard floor too aggressive.

Jeremy Huston
hannibal2469 said:

 

2. I am interested in the highbar and the pommel horse is there something that I can do at this stage of my foundation training to start preparing for those apparatus? 

 

 

Foundation is the preparation.