This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Another MN-PE2 Form Check

Started by Stephen Greer, August 20, 2014 · 8 Replies · 389 Views

Stephen Greer

Hey guys, first form check, though I've been working Foundation 1 for a while. I've been stuck on MN-PE2 for a while (big surprise), and want to get some additional insight. I've read several of the other posts, which have helped, but just wanted to get a full critique.

 

 

And yes, I know my knees are bent. Lol!

Iguanus

It's hard to say how's your torso doing. It seems you're bending it a lot and I thought it was not supposed to. But take a look at this topic.

 

Also, it probably isn't a problem, but no need to put shoulders so much forward. Let them hang naturally =)

Stephen Greer

Thanks for the points. Looking at it again, I'm pretty sure I'm cheating to touch the ground. I've been thinking I may have just developed some bad patterns, so I'm gonna start over with this one again. Oh well. :/

Keegan

Pretty sure the athlete in the demo video touches the ground and rounds his shoulders forwards just like you are, so I don't see that as an issue. Also, it's tough to see your back due to your baggy workout shirt, but if anything I'd say you actually might need slightly more rounding from your back, not less. You might also need more hip flexion, but again due to your loose shirt it's impossible to see the angle between your pelvis and legs.

Ben G

I just started this as well and am curious about the range of motion, are your legs high enough? Other than that I think it looks pretty good.

I haven't filmed myself on this yet but I know my form is terrible. Pulling my legs out throws me off balance, once I get some stability I'll post a form check as well.

P.s. I haven't heard that song by Warrant in a looooooooonng time. ;)

Stephen Greer

I'll try to take a video with a tighter shirt. They may not appreciate me walking around shirtless at the gym; I'm very pale. Lol! But I see what you are saying; more hip flexion would help, and I'm trying to engage the "pubis to belly button" maneuver suggested by Joshua Naterman on a similar thread. Hopefully it will help.

 

And yes, my gym pretty much sticks to the 80s music-wise. It's great! :)

korija

your reps are so slow it looks like a torture

Stephen Greer

ewethestuff - I see what you are saying. I am curling my shoulders first; I'll make sure to work on that. Thanks!

 

korija - I was trying to make sure I do the reps correctly! LOL! :) In all seriousness, though, I just didn't want to rely on momentum, but I will try going faster and see where that gets me.

TANSTAAFL

Sorry late to the party. I would say the demo vid does have some momentum to it. You can definitely tell at the top of the compression he bounces slightly. I don't think it is an issues as long as it is controlled. There is (and should be) some explosiveness to this move AFAIK.

 

Also his shoulders lift very slightly before his lower body in the demo.

 

What helps me a lot is focusing on the arms being past perpendicular (i.e. already on their descent to the hips) before lifting the body off the ground. I wouldn't throw the arms crazy or anything, but every little bit of weight helps.