This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How to measure distance between Rings?

Started by Alan Tseng, August 19, 2014 · 8 Replies · 216 Views

Alan Tseng

I work out usually in public gyms so everytime I do the rows in RC, I have to put them up and then take it down.  Is there any tips in making sure they're about 50 cm apart without bringing in a measuring tape?

Ravn

Fingertip to elbow is 50 cm on my arm...

TANSTAAFL
Ravn said:

Fingertip to elbow is 50 cm on my arm...

So there ya have it. Just bring Ravn's arm. Eazy Peazy.

Jeremy Huston

I hang mine from the Smith machine where the smooth part meets the knurly part.  For an olympic bar, that comes out to 42cm according to this image:

 

olympic-bar-dimensions.png

mcneuen

Cut a piece of string to 50cm. Put it on your bag.

Cole Dano

Just measure 50cm from fingertip to elbow along your arm and remember where that is. If it's slightly off it's really not that big of a deal.

Alan Tseng
Ravn said:

Fingertip to elbow is 50 cm on my arm...

Measured mine, shoulder to wrist is roughly 50 cm :)

Andrew Mckeown
alan tseng said:

Measured mine, shoulder to wrist is roughly 50 cm :)

Wow dude you have short ass arms!

Keilani Gutierrez

my brother surfs and has about an easy 2in reach gain on me. he's 5yrs younger. I put mine at 19-ish inches too. :)