This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

When to do Foundation?

Started by law123, August 18, 2014 · 7 Replies · 382 Views

law123

Here are my workout options:

 

1.  Morning:  Foundation (brief warmup, brief post-workout stretch/limber)

     Afternoon:  Movement (flares, flips, basic pommel, ring, and p-bar work; then stretch)

 

2.  Only Afternoon #1:  Warm-up, Foundation, Movement, Stretch

 

3.  Only Afternoon #2:  Warm-up, Movement, Foundation, Strech

 

Thanks

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

As the coaches have elucidated, in almost every context it seems most pertinent to do your Foundation work first. This is, of course, all in context of Foundation One.

Jon Douglas

I prefer option 1 myself, I like dividing morning and evening sessions and keeping priorities distinct :) I do better trying to improve fewer things more often.

I guess by posting this either is good for you and you are just looking for other peoples experiences?

law123

I have done option 3 for a long time.  I tried doing everything in the morning but got severely burnt out and ended up with near tendonitis everywhere.  I thought maybe the split would be good.  But if I have to go back to just evenings, I was wondering if Foundation should come after skills or before.  I'm curious about what people think is the best programming and why.

Coach Sommer

Both option 1 or option 2 are acceptable.  Which is better is purely a matter of personal preference.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

IRT

Does anybody have any experience of performing F7 and H1 in the same session twice a week? Recommend it?

law123
IRT said:

Does anybody have any experience of performing F7 and H1 in the same session twice a week? Recommend it?

I train handstands everyday.  Just make sure your forearms and wrists feel well and are recovering before another training session.

Jon Douglas
IRT said:

Does anybody have any experience of performing F7 and H1 in the same session twice a week? Recommend it?

No problems depending on how well you take care of your shoulders. I don't find it any issue, but since I train F7 my shoulders and traps are usually pretty well done for the session after that. If I did them on the same day I'd do handstand work in the morning and Foundation in the evening, but if you're working the early stuff in H1 it may slot in well as a Foundation warmup.