This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Handstand Pushups while Free-balancing?

Started by law123, August 17, 2014 · 4 Replies · 264 Views

law123

Can the elevated handstand pushups and other stuff that requires balance be done free balancing instead of against a wall?

Cole Dano

If you can do it without a wall more power to you, by all means do so.

law123
Cole Dano said:

If you can do it without a wall more power to you, by all means do so.

Thanks for the help.

Alessandro Mainente

Personally i prefer to build up the basic strength with assistance. the reason is simply that when you reach your limit you risk to compromise alignment or pattern execution. so maybe a good approach should be:

-master the assisted wall version with appropriate alignment

-remaster the same exercise on free balance.

law123
alex87 said:

Personally i prefer to build up the basic strength with assistance. the reason is simply that when you reach your limit you risk to compromise alignment or pattern execution. so maybe a good approach should be:

-master the assisted wall version with appropriate alignment

-remaster the same exercise on free balance.

I like that approach.  I supposed it's pretty much what I've done.  I've done reps of 10 or so against the wall in past training and I can hold a long handstand so I figured it wouldn't be a problem.  Thanks for the tips.