can you do a v-sit?

Started by misssunshine, August 17, 2014 · 7 Replies · 3,424 Views

misssunshine

Where in Foundation would you be able to do a V-Sit like the one in the attached pic? Can you do one?

Which muscles do you need for it?

Daniel Burnham

Yes.

Core shoulders back arms and hip flexors are used.

WadeWilson

First focus on doing a normal L-sit, then an advanced one(hips forward). Then think about the V-sit

Flavio85

You can do a V-sit without and advanced L-sit; most of the muscles worked are: shoulder depressors (lats, pects, inferior traps), shoulder  extensors (lats, teres major, long head of triceps, posterior deltoid), elbow extensors (triceps, anconeus), abs, hip flexors, quads...

check here: watch?v=RDkBZEgLJCw

WadeWilson

Yes sure you can do a V-sit without learning an L-sit. You can also do a front lever without learning a back lever first but that's not the point. Many people fail because they just jump into very demanding elements and they fail. Well, gotta learn how to walk first and then try to run

Daniel Burnham
WadeWilson said:

Yes sure you can do a V-sit without learning an L-sit. You can also do a front lever without learning a back lever first but that's not the point. Many people fail because they just jump into very demanding elements and they fail. Well, gotta learn how to walk first and then try to run

I don't see how you could learn vsit without lsit

Flavio85

I said "advanced L-sit" not "L-sit". V-sit and and advanced L-sit work the same muscles but at different lengths, compared to an advanced L-sit in a V-sit hip flexors are way more shortened, you need shoulder hyperextension, spine flexion, etc. that's why I think an "advanced L-sit" is not necesarry in order to do a V-sit, but it helps of course :)

Daniel Burnham
Flavio85 said:

I said "advanced L-sit" not "L-sit". V-sit and and advanced L-sit work the same muscles but at different lengths, compared to an advanced L-sit in a V-sit hip flexors are way more shortened, you need shoulder hyperextension, spine flexion, etc. that's why I think an "advanced L-sit" is not necesarry in order to do a V-sit, but it helps of course :)

I disagree. You couldn't get the legs perpendicular to the floor without some forward hip push.