This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE2-iM (table) question

Started by Tina Kinsley, August 17, 2014 · 6 Replies · 202 Views

Tina Kinsley

I didn't bother to record it, because I have quite a long way to go to even get to a full table position. My question is regarding wrists--it feels like all my weight is on my wrist and it's quite painful for 30 secs. I can't fully extend my hips yet, so it's hard to shift the weight to be distributed evenly between wrists and feet.

 

Best bet: to break up the 30 seconds into 15 sec segments and work up? Pec rolling? Any other suggestions? I have some scarring from internal pec repairs, so I am restricted in opening my chest right now. It's better than it was, but I have a long way to go.

 

Thanks in advance. I still can't believe I'm doing this at the ripe old age of 46, but better late than never.

 

Tina

Duff

Definitely start with shorter holds and build it up over time(use a mastery template). If full table is painful, you can lower the intensity by lowering the hips.

Alan Tseng

What's the orientation of your hands?  Is fingers facing backwards or forwards?

Tina Kinsley
alan tseng said:

What's the orientation of your hands?  Is fingers facing backwards or forwards?

Facing backwards, Alan, as is the demo video. 

 

@Duff: I will do just that next time. I just started, and I forgot to look at the mastery templates, period. Thank you!

federicoC

I'm wondering whether using a mini/monstermini band to perform a deloaded version of the table could be of any use in your case, while you could still work on getting the right form.

Michael Taylor

I suppose you could try having your hands on a slightly raised surface (which you would decrease over time).

This would throw more weight towards your feet and unload your upper body while you work on your flexibility limitations

Tina Kinsley

Today, the table was kinder to me. My wrists didn't feel as though they would explode, and although I'm not at a level table yet, I'm closer today than I was last time. I ended up holding 15-20 secs and then going again to get to the 30 sec total.

 

Thanks for all of the help. Truly appreciated.

 

Tina