Can I do it? Every opinion/experiences appreciated! Thank you!

Started by MiaTheGymnast99, August 16, 2014 · 1 Replies · 1,496 Views

MiaTheGymnast99

Der Community,

This is my first post here as I just need some really good advice,. I am happy that I found this forum, I hope some people will help me.

I am 15 years, I have been a dancer for quite some time, but now my dance studio closes and I can't train there anymore. I am also in gymnastics, but I do not compete (I did when I was younger) and I am not on a team, but I have all Level 7 skills on all 4 events. I now want to join team and start competing again, but my gym has some requirements you need to pass in order to be able to train at L7.

I would need to triple most of my current reps in 5 months, because the test is right after New Year. Do you think this is possible?

Full Leg Lifts:
Currently: 7
Goal: 20

90° Leg Lifts:
Currently: 2-3
Goal: 10

V-Hang to Inverted Hang:
Currently: 1
Goal: 5

Pull-Ups:
Currently: 5
Goal: 10

Chin-Ups:
Currently: 7
Goal: 15

Legless Rope Climb:
Currently: 9ft
Goal: 20ft

Dips:
Currently: 8
Goal: 20

I talked to a coach at open gym, but he is always in a hurry and didn't really listen. I don't know who I can ask, so I really hope you can help me!

I am 15 years old, 120 lbs, I eat well (enough protein) and sleep enough. I will work out every other day plus 10 hours of gymnastics training.

I would appreciate your help so much!

Thank you,

Mia

chuchodani

A good option could be use the grease the groove method for pullups,chinups and dips. And also I think is really possible to accomplish this in that amount of time because it sounds like you have a solid base.