This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

New to F1

Started by Javier, August 16, 2014 · 8 Replies · 187 Views

Javier

Hello,

I just wanted to introduce myself as I just started F1 this week. I'm 43 and an avid judo and BJJ player. Black belt in one, white in the other. I train both twice weekly. I have dabbed with p90x for physical fitness to complement my martial arts training. Over the years I have developped muscle imbalances and overuse injuries. For example my right lower train is much stronger than the left, while the opposite is true for the upper boddy. I am very left sided. I saw this program and the focus on setting the body right and addressing all those strenght and mobility imbalances through a progressive set of exercises really was what sold it for me. I don't really care about the aesthetics. I beleive I have found just what I was looking for, for which I thank coach Sommer for putting this program together!

The only think that worries me is the equipment needs, but I see others are imporvising along at least for F1 so I guess I will do the same.

Cheers

LateStarter@46

Welcome and enjoy the GB journey :-)

Shmikey

I have a similar equipment issue.  I bought a pair of rings, but other than that I just use door frames/ tables/ fences for mobility work (as opposed to stall bars which are WAY too expensive) and a 5lb weight I got at a thrift store for 3 bucks.  Not sure what I'll do about the parallel bars for later, but that's a ways off.

 

Anyway, welcome and good luck!

Javier

Thenk you for the welcome!

For now I have a couple of dumbells and a pull up bar. I used my judo belt in place of the rings, the kitchen sink and a broom stick with small weight plates for the mobility exercise.

Alvaro

Welcome!

Javier

Gracias, Álvaro. Soy de España también aunque llevo viviendo 14 años en Canadá.

Thank you, Alvaro. I'm from Spain too, although i've been living in Canada for 14 years now.

William

if you can find a playground in your area, you are full equipt :)

Jon Douglas

Welcome aboard :)

Alessandro Mainente

yu're welcome....have a great journey