This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Weak upper traps

Started by Mark Collins, August 16, 2014 · 4 Replies · 323 Views

Mark Collins

I had a patient that was having shoulder pain due to a weak left upper trapezius. I have him shoulder dislocates, prone floor flexion and pHS PE2. He is a personal trainer that is in decent shape and does some GST. I hit him with some big exercises to really wake up the upper traps. When he came back a week later his shoulder pain had resolved, which he had for several months. I did break a few rules in giving him exercises out of order. But felt these would be the best for his condition.

kimura

Fantastic.

I wish my patients were high level enough to employ foundation or handstand exercises. The best most of them can do is walk from the living room to the kitchen and back. Homecare.

Jon Douglas

For us, what would weak upper traps manifest as? In terms of, what sort of movements would be inhibited? :)

Mark Collins
Jon Douglas said:

For us, what would weak upper traps manifest as? In terms of, what sort of movements would be inhibited? :)

Usually shoulder, neck and mid back pain. Any movement of the shoulder can be affected. Usually you will see the shoulder blade look lower than the other side especially with loading.

Jon Douglas

Thanks Mark.