This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rest intervals in F1?

Started by Mattias, August 15, 2014 · 6 Replies · 304 Views

Mattias

Hey guys!

I know it might have been said already, but i could find the actual discussion:

Do you know why are the rest intervals between sets in Foundation courses so short (just the time for mobility stuff - 10s-60s)

I ask because till know i used to train for strength with at least 2min rest up to 4-5min, as I would say thats how much you need to replenish the ATP and CP for:)

 

Why would you say its different? Do gymnasts or someone of you train outside of Foundation training differently with longer rests?

 

Thanks for help! :)

Awesssss

I have a feeling this thread will be moved to private forums. ;)

Rob Rowland
To increase work capacity.

 

I'm guessing it also ferrets out incomplete adaptation at the level of connective tissues.

TANSTAAFL

Yeah, this should be in the Foundation forum just for future reference.

 

To answer your question, the early foundation work is not strength work as Rob said. It is to increase work capacity and make sure all you mobility is up to par. Only then can you really work strength at any sustainable level.

Joshua Slocum

To build work capacity.

 

Why do you want work capacity?

 

- At higher levels of strength training (e.g. the upper level straight-arm skills on rings), a high work capacity is required simply to be able to get through all of the mobility, prehab and rehab work in a reasonable amount of time and still have energy left over for the actual strength work. 

- Unless your only goal is to increase your maximum strength, work capacity is invaluable. Nearly every athletic endeavor requires sustained power output. 

- It makes your workout shorter ;)

MATEJ CIZMARIK

Great points Joshua! Thanks!

Mark Collins

It's tough at first, but you will love the benefits of the work capacity.