This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Some questions regarding F1

Started by Alexander Egebak, August 15, 2014 · 3 Replies · 178 Views

Alexander Egebak

Hey guys!

 

First time posting in the course forum, just recently got F1 and I have been testing and wanted to get started now but I have some questions first.

 

Would it be optimal to train all F-elements on 1 day for 3 days a week? I saw that H1 could be incorperated on the off days, but even so would it be okay just to do all the F7 elements? I believe I have the capacity and the recovery ability since my previous workouts used to be quite intense. Also I have busy weeks so this is to minimize time spent training and maximize progress keeping my recovery in mind all the time.

 

Is there a transcript of the webinar anywhere out there?

 

Can you see the athlete in the videos from the side; to better identify correct form?

 

What is the main purpose of doing pushups with scapula protracted? Also, what muscles are being empasized when protracting in a pushup rather than with shoulders neutral?

 

Is there any substitute for ring rows? I find myself short of money to train at a gym and I have no rings currently, so I am currently practicing chin grip hangs until I come up with a solution.

 

That would be all, and thank you in advance for your replies.

Jeremy Huston
Freshpro said:

Hey guys!

 

First time posting in the course forum, just recently got F1 and I have been testing and wanted to get started now but I have some questions first.

 

Would it be optimal to train all F-elements on 1 day for 3 days a week? I saw that H1 could be incorperated on the off days, but even so would it be okay just to do all the F7 elements? I believe I have the capacity and the recovery ability since my previous workouts used to be quite intense. Also I have busy weeks so this is to minimize time spent training and maximize progress keeping my recovery in mind all the time.

 

Is there a transcript of the webinar anywhere out there?

 

Can you see the athlete in the videos from the side; to better identify correct form?

 

What is the main purpose of doing pushups with scapula protracted? Also, what muscles are being empasized when protracting in a pushup rather than with shoulders neutral?

 

Is there any substitute for ring rows? I find myself short of money to train at a gym and I have no rings currently, so I am currently practicing chin grip hangs until I come up with a solution.

 

That would be all, and thank you in advance for your replies.

Welcome to GB!

 

Sure -- do F7 3 days a week.  This is the "3 Day Integrated" schedule.

 

I don't know a transcript.  

 

The video you see on the course is what you get the easy way.  Scour the forums and you'll find lots of videos and advice on form.

 

These pushups are not standalone pushups like you would do just for the sake of doing pushups.  These are preparation for HBP and Planche.  You're maximizing ROM and learning to use your scapulae.

 

You can make homemade rings.  A couple lengths of rope and some pieces of PVC will work fine.

Rayne-William

Welcome!

 

There is no transcript for the Foundation one webinar, that we know of.

 

If your schedual is fairly busy go with three days a week. However your training schedual aught to be determined by your recovery ability. My foundation course workouts are four days a week. A lot of other members follow the three day schedual.

 

In regard to rings:

 

Quoted text taken from the following previous thread.  New to Foundation One? Start Here

 

5. Rings
- Rings provide the most versatility and will be required later. For Foundation 1 work, it is possible to substitute with any kind of strap, rope or belt which can be looped over the bar.

 

Alexander Egebak
GoldenEagle said:

Welcome!

 

There is no transcript for the Foundation one webinar, that we know of.

 

If your schedual is fairly busy go with three days a week. However your training schedual aught to be determined by your recovery ability. My foundation course workouts are four days a week. A lot of other members follow the three day schedual.

 

In regard to rings:

 

Quoted text taken from the following previous thread.  New to Foundation One? Start Here

Thank you!

 

Golden quote about rings substitution! Looks like I didn't do my homework this time...

 

What about the difference between the two types of pushups in terms of muscles being worked out and emphasis on different parts?