Hello, I'm new here and I need some help about maltese, should I start on floor or rings ?
Maltese Help !
Started by nekodelecious, August 13, 2014 · 5 Replies · 3,063 Views
Ah good question. Once upon a time, someone asked Coach the same thing. Coach said, let me get back to you on that with a detailed response. Coach then proceeded to create the GB curriculum, where at the end of the curriculum you'll achieve a Maltese on the Rings:
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/12862-the-gymnasticbodies-roadmap-and-curriculum/
The rest is history.
there is no maltese without cross, there is not cross without rings hs (and for this reason no rings hs without H1), there is not rings hs without press to hs (for this reasonno press to hs without H2), there is no press hs on rings without rings one, there is no rings one without foundation 1-2-3-4.
"the rest is history"
Without knowing ANYTHING about the OP, the above replies are the only responsible advice possible.
It takes many years to develop a Maltese and to develop it you have to start from baby step one, master that go to step two etc. You can't just get up one day and say I'm going to start working Malt. It really doesn't work like that. The only possible results are total failure and frustration or catastrophic injury and more frustration.
e.g. adam raw who torn his distal bicep tendon with a BACK LEVER.
OP, I'm nowhere near skilled enough to actually advise you, but if you mention the current moves you're capable of from alex87's post (and post a video of the most relevant/advanced ones, so people are sure your form is good) you can get better advice, whether in the form of "Yes, you're ready to work on the Maltese, here's what to do" or "Your form on <move> is bad for X reasons, go back and fix those" or even "You lack the prerequisites to even think about working the Maltese cross."