This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Just Started! Loving It:)

Started by NameLikeNoOther, August 11, 2014 · 5 Replies · 232 Views

NameLikeNoOther

Hi, I am just starting the F1 and H1 Course.  I am 37 and have had many years of Boxing and KickBoxing experience.  I have spent the last year trying to balance out my shoulder girdle and posture (especially Posterior Chian), then I found this Course which looked perfect.

 

So I have read everything through multiple times and perused the Forum.  Last week I decided I would test myself for Mastery on all of the Level One Components.  (I was sore for a couple days after, in a good way)  I seemed to be able to perform all the PE's to Mastery except for the Arch Back Hold where my form waned towards the last  2 sets.  I was considering moving on in some elements except that I feel that I would benefit from the paired Mobility sets where I was weaker than I would like to be.  I thought it wouldn't hurt to run my first cycle in the 3rd block of Level 1 even if I had Mastery just to get my body adapted to the workouts and to work the Paired Mobility.

 

Once I have done once cycle, then I thought I would really start testing hard for Mastery on the other elements.

 

Thoughts or feedback would be appreciated.  I can't wait to see where I am in a year from now :)

 

By the way, I really like the paired Mobility stuff.  It feels so good, especially the weighted bar stuff on my shoulders.

Shmikey

Make sure that before you move on to the next PE you can do the paired mobility with full range of motion. It seems to be a rare thing for all the PE1s to be mastered from the getgo, but if you can, congrats!

Jon Douglas

It doesn't hurt to do more mobility work of course. Its on you whether to spend longer on it if you want to, but provided you are completely it correctly ( tempo, rom, details) I'd personally rather move forward and work the prior progression in warmup/cool down.

Welcome aboard :)

NameLikeNoOther

Thanks for the feedback.  I am going to move forward on the elements that I am strong at.  I have already noticed by adding the mobility elements I have issues with throughout my day in between workouts that I have had huge increases in ROM and fluidity.  Would it be Okay to say advance to FL/PE2 but do both PE1-iM and PE2-iM with the sets to get extra reps?  Same thing for HS/PE2?

 

Just a weeks worth of extra Cat-Cow, Hip Swivels, stiff legged windmills and HS/PE1-iM have made a big difference.

 

I guess I really need to setup the video camera.

Jon Douglas
NameLikeNoOther said:

Would it be Okay to say advance to FL/PE2 but do both PE1-iM and PE2-iM with the sets to get extra reps? Same thing for HS/PE2?

1) This is not great because it plans for too much rest time. Just do a 1-2 longer sets of iM1 to warm you up before jumping into the pe2 /im pair back to back.

2) It's never a bad idea to check your form.

:)

NameLikeNoOther

Okay, thaks for the feedback I will only do the assigned iM with the PE.  I am definitely ready for PE2 as I can hold PE1 for 5 minutes without a rest if I want to.  Instead of doubling-up on the iM's when doing workouts I am following your advice and adding them to my Warm-up.  I am also now adding 2-3 sessions of just iM work per week.  The shoulder iM's is where I am weakest.

 

I will probably just continue on the 3rd Block cycle for the rest of the month with the extra iM work on the side as I am still getting a good workout.

 

If I film a form check, should I film the whole Mastery Test, or one set with iM or just a snipet?