This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Maria's F1 Journey

Started by Adriano Augusto, August 11, 2014 · 6 Replies · 430 Views

Adriano Augusto

I don't pretend that this topic to be a diary or a journal, but a progress of a journey that I've show to my girlfriend.

 

Some of us that we do GB Curriculum know about how great the program is and how the body can change because of it, besides of the skills at the end of the program. And because we've FELT that, some of us maybe want to show it to others, close ones at the beginning, and to all the people as Orench is doing in Denver.

 

For that reason I've introduced Maria to this world of GST. 32 yo, she begins with a base as a rhytmic gymnast for 9 years in her childhood, 2 years of ballet, nowadays work as a belly dancer (both performancer and teacher), latin dance, yoga, Pilates, etc.

 

She has all the splits, quite a lot flexible in all main joints: ankles, shoulders, hips, etc. I mean that she has a lot of potencial, and we want to know how far can she go with the program. Almost like an experiment; to me aswell. 

 

I'm her "coach" or "trainer" or 'whatever'word. I'm following GST in GBodies, Foundation/HS program since its release and I know enough about the human body to understand the mechanics and the "form" behind the exercises. I'm not considering myself an expert, nonetheless I know what my experience has taught me both in this field and others (yoga, Pilates, etc)

 

I know her weakness: strenght wise. None pullups, no dips, few F1 pushups, etc. On the other hand she has a lot of flexibility, but in some areas and ROM's she has not strenght (straddle ups, for example). 

 

So the experiment is put her in the GST demands: all of them. 

 

At this moment, her progress in two weeks is:

 

FL/PE1 - Mastery at first attempt

 

sPL/PE1 - she has to clean the form (more retraction at the bottom) but she has the endurance so it is ok.

 

HBP/PE1 - She do the scheme, but has to clean the form and start to understand that "hollow" thing.

 

RC/PE1 - Long way to her on this. She push quite well 5x5, but we've to start from week 1 to aim for quality. Remember, she has no pullup strenght at all, but she do 5x5 of hinge rows with the last form of the video course (bulgarian style).

 

MN/PE1 - Mastery at first attempt, both PE and iM.

 

SL/PE1 - Mastery AT FIRST ATTEMPT; you hear well, first attempt. Humility to me. More motivation aswell.

 

SLS/PE1 and PE2 - Easy Mastery.

 

HS/PE1 - Mastery, both PE and iM (this iM is almost a joke for her, I had to put her hands more closer than shoulder width in order to she feel something in the traps)

 

And I leave a video before I finish to write. 

 

Her "almost" mastery of SL/PE2, Arch Body Rocks, first time. With more rest, few reps missing (my fault on this i forgot the count by moments) but highly proud of her. She will began new training at week 9, to build that "little" endurance that she has to have.

 

 

As I said, highly proud of her. She only has 1 week of training (today we start week 2), but she's doing a lot of progress in some exercises that I'm working and some I spent a whole year to mastered. This will keep me motivated as well.

 

I hope you enjoy the video and the "end" part of it. Remember, last set of rocks. Ah, great!

 

Cheers from Spain!

 

 

 

 

 

Iguanus

Humbled and inspired! It'll be nice to show some lady friends who said this program was impossible for XX humans (yeah, I was on a Biology teachers group).

Keilani Gutierrez

hahahahahah

 

"las piernas!"  :icon_twisted:

 

que horror, esta que se quiere morir hahahaha

federicoC

Well, impressive.

She has a ROM I will hopefully get in the next 25 years :)

Riku Calderón

:D  :D  :D

Nacho training

OMG! It will be nice to follow her progress. No words! ABH Rocks... First Attemp....  :facepalm:  What I am doing wrong!?! jajajajaja
 

PD: Dile que la odio, pero con cariño! 

Saludos ;)

korija

your girlfriend is a beast :D