This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Anyone training GB in Edinburgh, Scotland?

Started by Jesper Jespersen, August 10, 2014 · 16 Replies · 2,066 Views

Jesper Jespersen

Hello guys and girls,

 

I'm moving to Edinburgh, Scotland for a year to do my Masters in two weeks. I started Foundation One four months ago and I'm seeking someone to continue my progress with in Edinburgh.

 

Anyone out there?

 

/Jesper from Denmark (Butcher's Lab)

Christian Traynor

Hey man,

 

My name is Chris and I live in Edinburgh.  Tollcross area.  It would be great to meet up and train. I have just had months out from a bad injury and am feeling a little weak but am looking to get back on it in a serious way.  I also know a very plush new gymnastics hall to train in once or twice a week if you are interested.  Don't hesitate to give me a shout.

 

Chris

Marzio Superina

Hi everybody,

I will also move to Edinburgh in March. 

I am practicing alone with F1 and H1 and I am looking for people to train with !

Can we get in touch ?

Marzio

Jesper Jespersen

Hi Marzio,

 

Are you arriving this March? Just let me know when you get here. We can properly find somewhere or some time to meet at and do some GST :)

 

Jesper

Russell Barton

Hi guys,

I'm in Edinburgh and just about to start on F1, where's the best place to train in Edinburgh? I can't find much about gymnastic gyms in the area.

Christian Traynor

Hey Marzio and Russell!  Looks like i've been spending more time training than on the forum!  :facepalm:

I didn't see your posts. Me and Jesper are always training these days and i am sure i speak on his behalf when I say it would be great to hook up! The more the merrier! 

Jesper Jespersen

Chris is absolutely right, the more the merrier! Where about do you live? We're using a gym near Fountainbridge at the moment which does the trick well enough.

Russell Barton

Hi guys thanks for getting back to me!

I live near comely bank, can get to fountain bridge no problems. If you let me know what thegym is called and when you'll next be there I'll come up and introduce myself!!

 

Cheers, Russell.

Jesper Jespersen

Hey Russell,

 

We'll actually be down there at 9am tomorrow for a 1-1,5 hour session. The gym is this: http://www.northmerchiston.co.uk/. You are more than welcome to drop by and say hi! You need to check in with the gym manager just inside the door, but just ask for the gym and a trial session if you what to join :)

 

Cheers!

Russell Barton

Morning Jesper,

Saw this too late, could've made it as well. Never mind!! When are you next there? I'll swing past later and have a look at the place if I'm passing.

 

Russell.

Jesper Jespersen

Hi Russell,

 

Yeah, no worry man. I'll be down there Tuesday, probably morning. Would that suit you? I'm not sure what time we both will be there next week at the moment.

 

Jesper 

Christian Traynor

I will check what shifts I've put myself on and post over the weekend.

 

Also guys, me and Jesper are going to the gymnastics hall this Sunday 7:30pm-9:00pm and you are both welcome to jump in the car and come along. Let me know if you can and if so, I can tell you how to book it.  

 

Russell if you live near comely bank we should do a inverlieth park session at the bars there sometime! 

 

Me and Jesper are off to the Stroud seminar next weekend so kinda gonna take it easy at gymnastics this week etc.  I think Jesper will be doing the same.

 

After the seminar though....

 

I am all for "Beast Mode"  B-)

Christian Traynor

Alright guys! When are we training?

Benjamin Wright

Hey guys,

I am an second year Edinburgh university student who has recently started GB training. I am looking for training partners, effectively people with similar goals. I know this post started 2 and a half years ago but i would still appreciate any replies from long-term members about your progression with the program as well.

Regards,

Benjamin

Luke Searra

Hi Benjamin, 

Why don't you try to directly message the GB practitioners in your area through their profiles? It might get you a better response.

Christian Traynor

Hi Benjamin,

I am now living in Spain and continuing my training over here. Jesper and i were training hard in edinburgh and enjoyed the Stroud GB seminar greatly but he now lives in Denmark. The other guys I cant speak for as i never heard from them sadly after asking "Alright guys! When are we training?"

However I can point you in the direction of a great training facility with a great bunch of people! There was an excellent gymnastics hall built in Portabello before the Commonwealth games. Edinburgh Uni have the gymnastics team meet-up down there in a shared session for the uni members and the general public. I havent been in the country for almost 8 months but the place is well under-used. Although this is a shame, it is amazing to have a facility practically to yourself on the odd occasion !!  

I would highly recommend getting down there if you can. They now have a coach as well however it is an open session giving you the option of doing your own GB thing in a great environment or you can join in with the majority in drill circuits. 

Sessions used to be Sunday 7:30-9:00pm and something like 8:00-9:00 pm Thursday and or Monday.

 

Hope this is helpfull and all the best in your training!

 

Christian

Christopher Woodall

Hi Benjamin,

I'm based in Edinburgh at the moment, and having recently restarted my GB training after a period of absence. I'm more than happy to meet up with you occasionally to talk GB and train occasionally, although I do the majority of my training alone, first thing in the morning.

Send me a message if you are interested.

Chris